Webuyanycar . . . at what price?

I've a relatively decent motor I need to get rid of as my Dad has given me his old one as the p/x for it (he's just bought new) was poor.

Anyhow, I need to get rid of mine to give him some cash. The trouble is, there is a large dent in the rear side passenger door (scraped by a skip) and a small tear on the rear, so it's not really an attractive purchase.

Webuyanycar.com have quoted me £2400 on line, which I'd take. I'm going to visit them tomorrow in Barnsley. Has anyone had any dealings with them? Are there other dealers who will just take your car for cash?

I've a relatively decent motor I need to get rid of as my Dad has given me his old one as the p/x for it (he's just bought new) was poor.

Anyhow, I need to get rid of mine to give him some cash. The trouble is, there is a large dent in the rear side passenger door (scraped by a skip) and a small tear on the rear, so it's not really an attractive purchase.

Webuyanycar.com have quoted me £2400 on line, which I'd take. I'm going to visit them tomorrow in Barnsley. Has anyone had any dealings with them? Are there other dealers who will just take your car for cash?

I sold mine to them not long back. I asked the saleperson about the claim that WBAC always offer less when you turn up, than was offered on line. She said very few people are honest about the condition of their car. For example the dents in your car will reduce the valuation greatly. Especially if its a relatively newer car. Be prepared..

If there's any dodgy service history or the car had been clocked (like mine had) they'll pick up on that as well...

I needed to sell my 57 fiesta st a couple of years back, it needed to go fast as I had just been made redundant so I got a price from WBAC. When I went they offered me £1000 less than what was quoted online. The car was immaculate and I had been truthful about every aspect of the car.

I wasn't offended by this offer, they are there to make money. I had to weigh up whether it would be more cost effective for me to sell to them at a lower price or if I could hold on to the car and get the money I wanted. In the end I kept hold of it and sold it 10 days later.

They are pretty shifty and do try and create issues that aren't really there with the car. The fella wasn't the nicest person and got on my nerves more than anything.

That said, if I had been really desperate to get rid, it would have been a solution.

Don't forget the admin fees etc, as if the car isn't worth that much in the first place, you'll get nothing out of it.

Archived