Problems with play.com

Used them for years and always had brilliant service.

Once they delivered the wrong version of a computer game - I returned it and they sent the right one straight away and refunded postage costs.

Another time a play trade seller sold me a cable for a nintendo wii which turned out to be a cheap knock off - play sent me the genuine one at no cost, and refunded my payment.

Have you followed the returns policy?

http://www.play.com/Helpdesk/Getting_started/Play_com_returns_policy.aspx

'Click ‘View order history’ to access your order details, select the item you would like to return and follow the instructions at our Play.com Returns Centre.'

Yep.. they sent me a code to return said gun.. for £1.40??? Apparently you can claim some back if it costs any more. Still not helpful as the gun is 175 miles away from me. :rant:

I have emailed and written to Head Office. All it would take is for them to collect the one THEY SENT WRONGLY and deliver the gift I ORDERED..

As said before, I have used play.com for years and had no problems either. But when something DOES go wrong.. as also said before, I am wondering if it's since they were recently taken over by a Japanese firm. :suspect:

As also said before.. you have been warned, if considering them for Christmas gifts!

I've used Play.com for years and never had any issues. I once ordered a xena box set and one of the discs had a fault on it so they sent out a replacement straight away and nevere asked for original back.

I think its now that they are getting so big they can't cope. I remember a time when it used to be free next day delivery and it always did arrive next day. Now you have to wait 3-4days

Yep.. they sent me a code to return said gun.. for £1.40??? Apparently you can claim some back if it costs any more. Still not helpful as the gun is 175 miles away from me. :rant:

I have emailed and written to Head Office. All it would take is for them to collect the one THEY SENT WRONGLY and deliver the gift I ORDERED..

As said before, I have used play.com for years and had no problems either. But when something DOES go wrong.. as also said before, I am wondering if it's since they were recently taken over by a Japanese firm. :suspect:

As also said before.. you have been warned, if considering them for Christmas gifts!

They don't collect items so that's probably where you are going wrong, you have to return it to them.

They don't collect items so that's probably where you are going wrong, you have to return it to them.

You have to get a return authorisation, and then send it back, at your own expense, within a week of printing out the return authorise slip, packaging up what you're sending back and then sending it.

I've done it a couple of times, the service is good though, they're usually good at doing refunds once they get the stuff back.

Archived