Creepy Christmas

I could understand a collector of dolls buying these ... they're incredibly lifelike and the skill put into making one of these things is fantastic.

However, there was a programme about these dolls a few years ago and they're certainly not just for collectors.

Some of the women who buy these things push them round the street in prams, buy whole wardrobes of clothes, construct nurseries and all sorts.

To be honest, I felt very sad for a couple of these women on the documentary, they were having these dolls made to look like their babies that had died ... to 'replace' them.

Of course, this raises psychological questions (which I'm not qualified to answer). I ended up thinking that if these 'babies' helped them in their loss, it was probably a good thing, although I would have thought conventional counselling would've been a better way to deal with their loss.

Archived