Depression why such a stigma?

Can you reveal from who you received this counselling, my partner has problems and we are struggling to find the right person to seek help.

I think that it's as much about finding someone who you feel comfortable with and who you trust to help you on the journey as anything else.

I saw John Hillman (his contact details are available through Google). His approaches fitted and challenged me very well, but it's not at all a cheap option because although I started seeing him through the Cavendish Centre, that was only the first 3 sessions and the rest of the year we paid for.

He uses the Hakomi method, but also touches on everything from NLP to psychotherapy, as dictated by the client's needs.

• 1 month later...
We are brought up to think we should be able to cope with whatever life throws at us....when we get depressed and we can't cope with everything we feel guilty and so the vicious circle begins

and we are disconnected from a support network who would love and take care of us......and who would understand and listen

the depressed are generally strong people who try to push through by themselves

they won't ask for...or don't know how to...ask for help

and how to let others take care of them for a bit

Archived