Eccentric Sheffield characters

aelfheah

Some might say that this could include myself - or many others here?! :hihi::o

What eccentric characters have you seen wandering about in Sheffield generally? I don't necessarily mean nasty or dangerous people, just the 'colourful' ones?:hihi:

They cheer me up, a few I notice now and then are;-

• The bloke who always wears long footie socks, 70's short shorts and trackie top and chats to everyone...and himself!
  • The eternally-happy Afro-Caribbean lady who "sings" psalms really loudly in town, with a loudspeaker system!
  • The Asian chap who merrily strolls along waving one arm back and forth?
  • The black chap who wears WW2 German army uniform, although he has lost a lot of weight recently and wears 80's skinhead gear instead?

There is this strange little Asian guy he must be getting on a bit by now though and he has been walking around burngreave for years he always carry's this brief case under his arm and he always is dressed in a suite he looks a bit like a Doctor or something,he has this strange fussy sort of walk then all of a sudden he just stops and throws his arms up in the air and yelps something out then on down the road, a bit further down the road he goes, then he dos the same thing and carry's on down the road again, he must have been around for about 30 years doing the same thing,Iv'e noticed he has got steadily older and slower over the years and his hair has gone, but he still can be seen from time to time shuffling along Barnesly road,strange little man.

Edited by Shogun

There is no need for words like "nuttahs" some of these people are people who may suffer with mental health issues and have been failed by the system.

Im sure the o.p didn't mean to cause any offence (non was taken when reading their post) But some of these characters may not be eccentric through choice. :)

There is no need for words like "nuttahs" some of these people are people who may suffer with mental health issues and have been failed by the system.

Im sure the o.p didn't mean to cause any offence (non was taken when reading their post) But some of these characters may not be eccentric through choice. :)

Exactly, I thought I had taken pains to show that I meant no offence.

I was thinking of characters who, though they may have health issues, do brighten our day by their actions and dress sense.

In that way I don't mean to laugh 'at them' but by their inclusive-ness in society, their chosen acts, which do seem at times 'entertaining'.

They're was an old(ish) black lady at Castle Square tram stop this afternoon who was singing some gospel stuff and praising everybody at the tram stop and high-fived the tram drivers, conductors and everyone at the tram stop including me! Fruit cake! Cheered me up though!

They cheer me up, a few I notice now and then are;-

• The bloke who always wears long footie socks, 70's short shorts and trackie top and chats to everyone...and himself!

I've seen this bloke quite a few times on South Road in Walkley recently, he must have moved up here. I've seen him in town for years, he always reminds me of the football scene in Kes.