Eccentric Sheffield characters

aelfheah

• 5 months later...

What did Pond Street Nora look like?

I think I remember her, but I'm not sure.. :confused:

There was an old lady that used to go in Redvers House and scare the employees, dont know what she was called though. She tried to kill someone apparently :o or tried to seriously injure them. either way she was quite a handful!

Yes she was on my bus the other day. She stood at the front of the bus singing Oh Holy Night loudly and fairly off-key and praising everyone between each verse. When she got off the bus driver looked at me in his mirror and said "I couldn't take much more of that" which set me off laughing.

Word is that she was being deported, but I'm not sure how far they got with that?

There was a gentleman who used to come into the bank most days where I worked. He would bypass the queue, march straight up to the counter and say a load of 'gobble de gook' at us, then march back out. He was a tall bloke, with frizzy greyish hair down to his neck, always wore headphones and a dark green jacket and carried a backpack. I actually looked forward to him coming in; he was so happy in his little world bless him :)

Is Troggy still around?, he use to live one st up from me,he was always on one for some reason or the other....sound guy.

Troggy, is indeed still around!!, he lives a couple of doors away from us, lovely fella, when you get to know him.

There is no need for words like "nuttahs" some of these people are people who may suffer with mental health issues and have been failed by the system.

Im sure the o.p didn't mean to cause any offence (non was taken when reading their post) But some of these characters may not be eccentric through choice. :)

No one is trying to be offensive, stop trying to be PC does my head in. nuttah, mong, so what? Non one really want's to upset some one.:huh: