Eccentric Sheffield characters

aelfheah

I remember a few from yesterday. There was that little man with extensive stubble who used to hang out in town and particularly St Paul’s Gardens collecting bus numbers. I believe his name was Rodney?

A bloke called Brian, who some believed was actually a women, used to frequent town and Stannington. He/she wore a brown suit and hat and walked with a stick, was very thin and talked to themselves.

---------- Post added 08-06-2014 at 20:09 ----------

More recently there's that middle aged black guy who sometimes thinks he's a skinhead and a teddy boy at other times

The Worst Busker in Sheffield: guy with red cowboy hat and blue shades, who does terrible singing in Barker's Pool, and sometimes the Moor and Fargate (though not seen him recently).

Is Troggy the bloke who sometimes rides a bike and has an allotment off Norton Lees. Or is that another Troggy?

I also saw the 70's PE kit guy around South Road

You mean, "The Ref," football referee

When I used to travel back from Rotherham to Sheffield there were a few characters who always got off at Sheffield, the best one was a guy in a denim jacket and shorts, he crouched down like a sprinter waiting to set off then stood up and waved to his adoring crowd (that weren't there). I used to see him running about sometimes :D

Has anyone seen the 60 year old Afro-Caribbean guy who walks up to you and says hello to you. He does that to everyone as if he knows them. I've seen a few confused faces by people he's done that too.

Also who can forget Gemma the beggar.