Why does the media portray the poor to be racist?

Closer mixing with the kind of people with these misguided views and easily influenced from the Tabloids?

I think your attitude is risible,and would conclude that you have no relations etc living in such areas.It would be nice to hear you reiterate those shallow remarks in an estate pub-I will bring you a change of underwear.

Because the media like to use the working class as a scapegoat for society's problems. And the working class like to use immigrants stealing jobs as a scapegoat.

Racism takes form in all classes. It's predominant in working classes mainly due to them rightly being mad at having limited work and pay and jobs being given to Johnny Foreigner who can't speak a word of English.

Do you have examples of what you've seen?

I can think of several examples from wealthy, rural parts of Essex. In my experience racism is more pronounced in the "whitest" areas. Not so much a working class issue as a not mixing with a wide variety of people issue.

Because Dore or Maidenhead are full of people who benefit from mass immigration, not suffer from it.

In my experience people who benefit from mass immigration moan about it just as much as those who don't. My favourite was the HR manager in Essex complaining about immigration even though she herself employed cheap immigrant workers as warehouse staff.

Archived