Anyone remember the pie shop on City Road?

pk014b7161

Used to live next door to the pie shop.

Old girl and her son used to run it, he was called Percy Gray.

Great pies, they used to do a roaring trade. You could get 'em swimming in Relish or gravy.

Think the Barracuda bought the shop when the couple died.

• 1 year later...
Used to live next door to the pie shop.

Old girl and her son used to run it, he was called Percy Gray.

Great pies, they used to do a roaring trade. You could get 'em swimming in Relish or gravy.

Think the Barracuda bought the shop when the couple died.

The pie shop was a little further down than the Barracuda probably where the sandwich shop is at the present time.I was usually sent by my parents to pick up our supper just before the pubs shut equipped with a great big pot dish the old lady always sat behind the counter doing something or other but when the pot dish was full of pies and muushy peas they used to keep your hands warm while you were rumming back home to the Parkhill

anyone rememember the pie shop owned by an old lady

just down from park baths we used to call in the 60,s

she used to sell oval meat pies luvvley. dont see them pies anymore

Only talking about those oval pies recently. They sure were luvvley pies. Used to get em at chippies and pubs too. Would luv to know if they still sell them (grissly bits an all).

my mother use to make & sell them in the store on Penistone rd all cooked in a Yorkshire oven overnight & swim them in gravy if wanted,bake the bread in the same oven during slack time, posh the cloths all while looking after 3 adorable pre-schooler's,this would be up to 39

Archived