Leap Year Daylight Robbery

I also have to pay £160 a year to park my car in an open air carpark.

With no guarantee of a spot, if I get there after about 8 oclock.

The entire set up is a disgrace tbh.

I started this lightheartedly, but the more I think about the situation, the worse it seems.

Wow all of £3 a week to park...however do you manage it?

Wow all of £3 a week to park...however do you manage it?

When I drive 20 miles to get there, then have to park up, walk about a quarter of a mile to my work.

It becomes a bit tiresome.

All this so I can make sure if you ever need to attend my hospital, that all is in order.;)

Engineers are just as important as Doctors you know.

Next year, anyone monthly paid will be working a day for no pay.

We are paid for 365 days a year.

Next year is 366 days.

That is about £130 they are robbing me of, just because they cant sort out a decent calendar.:hihi:

There's an extra bank holiday next year for the Queen's diamond jubilee - that will make up for it.

You also had extra bank holiday this year for the royal wedding. :)

There's an extra bank holiday next year for the Queen's diamond jubilee - that will make up for it.

You also had extra bank holiday this year for the royal wedding. :)

Yes, The Queen, God Bless her.

She is another expense I could do without.

Senility R Us should be their Motto.

The future so called King qualified for his bus pass years ago.

When I drive 20 miles to get there, then have to park up, walk about a quarter of a mile to my work.

It becomes a bit tiresome.

All this so I can make sure if you ever need to attend my hospital, that all is in order.;)

Engineers are just as important as Doctors you know.

Get another job then if you are so unhappy. Move closer if its such an expense and inconvenience.

Yeah yeah, engineers are just as important as doctors, nurses are just as important as engineers, medical admin staff are just as important as engineers. You are all cogs in the machine. I assume you were quite happy with your salary when you signed your contact.

If you are not talking horse dung you get about £33,000 a year based on a 5 day week with tiny £3.00 deduction each week for parking. I bet you will get even more if you work shifts with allowances.

Its not a bad wage at all. There are plenty of 'engineers' who will get nowhere near that.

Oh and as for your "expense" of upkeep for the Queen..... I hope you could find something useful to spend your 62p a year on

Yes, The Queen, God Bless her.

She is another expense I could do without.

Then be at peace. The Royal family costs the taxpayer a few hundred million pounds less than nothing.

As for "daylight robbery..." a leap year is 3/4 of a day longer than it should be. The three years before it are each 1/4 of a day shorter than they should be. The average across a four year span is exactly what it should be, and exactly what you're being paid for.

If it really bothers you that much, you should put 1/4 of a day's pay into a savings account in 2013, 2014 and 2015 and then use it as your "paycheck" for the extra 3/4 of a day in 2016.

Well aren't you lucky to be paid £130 a day? With that income surely you can afford not to get by on the same earnings as other years without a £130 bonus?

I don't understand why you resent someone getting £130 a day. It's not exactly huge pay.

Next year, anyone monthly paid will be working a day for no pay.

We are paid for 365 days a year.

Next year is 366 days.

That is about £130 they are robbing me of, just because they cant sort out a decent calendar.:hihi:

Don't worry about it - a third to a quater of your pay is taken by the government

Archived