Bill Nelson Botanical gardens

rincewind

My Dad's (Fred Mills, Joiner) uncle, Bill Nelson, was the head man,(I believe,) at the Botanical Gardens. He was on Radio Sheffield doing a kind of 'Gardeners Question Time'. Must have have been sometime in the 70's or 80's. When I google him, I get Bill Nelson the guitarist from Be Bop Deluxe! (One of of my favourite bands, and I still follow Bill now,) but not MY Bill. Does anyone know anything about him?

• 6 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Bill Nelson was my uncle. He was a presenter on radio Sheffield from around 1968 until shortly before his death. He started his gardening career at a large private house called Longhills which is at Branston, near Lincoln.

Bill Nelson was also my uncle. He was married to Edna and they had 3 children

Janet, Valerie, and David. David emigrated to Canada. Sadly he died last.October.

Edited by bazjea

Sorry to her that David died. I only met him on one occasion in the 1960s when he came over to Branston with his dad to visit my grandmother.

She brought him up as her son in the early part of the 20th century. I only met Valerie once, she was briefly married to Clive Revill who is an actor from New Zealand.

I have some video clips of Bill and Edna at my first wedding in 1986 at Branston I think he would have died in around 1990-91?

---------- Post added 13-04-2018 at 21:23 ----------

Hello bazjea, Thanks for your private message, I can't send a private message back until I've made more post on the site. ( I have only just joined.)

Lizzie was my Nan's sister. She was called Susan and she was born in 1896 at Branston. She lived most of her life in the same house along with uncle Rob.

I have the Nelson family tree which I researched on Ancestry . If you would like to talk my number is 07944301607. Tim