ISA or public sector pension ??

Have been doing some thinking , if the Government succeeds in moving the pensions goalposts for public sector workers - which effectively means I'm £70 a month worse off ( or comparatively speaking I'll be working one shift a month for free ) , what are my options ...

might look into freezing my NHS pension and paying into an ISA instead which will be under MY control and not the Government's ( this might boost the money available to invest in business by the banks )

The Office for National Statistics state that the average man in this country enjoys good health only until the age of 63 , and is then consigned to suffer a "limiting" illness for another 14.7 years before he dies at 77.7 years .

Women can expect to live to 81.9 years , but after the age of 65 they typically face the misery of 16.9 years carrying an illness.

So if the retirement age is increased to 68 , men will be off sick for the last 5 years of their working lives , women off sick for 3 years before they retire - it just does not add up !

One in 4 women are obese - I can't recall many obese 70 or 80 year olds . This government is taking the P%@@ by setting public against private sector workers and no-one seems to be asking the question - where is the evidence that our generation are living longer ?? We should all freeze our pensions

( when they are paid out they will still be taxable unlike ISA's) and start putting our money somewhere under our control where the government can't mess with it .

RANT OVER :rant:

Interest Rates are not good at all on ISAs. I saved that way to supplement my state pension and it was good when I started but not any more. Same again with investment plans. I have heard lots of people saying that premium bonds are better. I also think you have a point about living longer because if people doing manual jobs are expected to work out all weathers at the age of 68 the death rate will soon increase in under 70s.

Archived