Tesco direct. Cosatto noodle high chair.

I found out about an offer from Tesco direct for these baby highchairs. It only applied to the "zoodle" pattern though. All the same it was a good deal. This chair was selling at a higher price elsewhere (£80 upwards), but Tesco had them on sale for £22. Too good to miss and definately worth the £5 p&p.

I filled in the necessary stuff and my order was accepted and I received a confirmation of order e-mail within the hour.

This was last Monday (21st).

I also received a "proof" of purchase mail on the same day and that stipulated that I had to keep this mail safe (and also print it out) because it was my proof of purchase and I would need it should I have to return the item for any reason.

The money for this item was taken from our bank account on the 23rd so as far as I was concerned I had bought, and paid for, a high chair for our soon to be new grandchild.

BUT..............on the 23rd I also received an e-mail from Tesco telling me that my refund was being dealt with and would appear back in our bank account within the next 3 working days.

I hadn't got a clue what this was all about so I rang them. I eventually got to speak to a male telephone operator who was clearly bored with speaking to people. He told me that Cosatto couldn't supply the goods so the deal was off. Yeh......like I'm going to accept that explanation and go away quietly when I've bought and paid for my goods!

I questioned this person further and was then told that Tesco had messed up pricing the high chair and had got it wrong but if I read their terms and conditions then I would see that they could do what they are doing!!!

Basically he was telling me that it was my tough luck that I had missed out on a flippin good bargain because Tesco had covered their backsides by writing things into their terms and conditions which protect them from absolutely anything that they do wrong!

Or so they think!!!!!

I have now gathered my facts together and presented them to Tesco.

(A) I ordered goods from them.....a high chair in this case.

(B) They confirmed my order via e-mail which stated my purchase and all other relevant details etc.

© They took the money for this purchase out of our bank account.

(D) They issued me with a "proof of purchase" e-mail where they clearly state that this communication not only confirms my order but is also my proof of purchase.

As far as I'm concerned this constitutes a legally binding contract between myself and Tesco.

I have my PROOF of purchase and with this in mind I mailed Tesco this afternoon and laid it all on the line!

I got a reply very quickly and it wasn't a "bumped out one" either. It came from some manager or other who said that I would shortly be receiving a personal reply from somebody or other.

Do you think I might get a result here? How could Tesco possibly get away without supplying me with the goods that I have bought and paid for??

Archived