Osbourne's Excuses

All economic experts now, aren't we? (But then, look where these 'experts' have got us.)

We're in a mess, no doubt about it and blaming Labour, Tories etc. won't change anything. The unedifying sight of Danny Alexander and some Labour bird fighting like rats in a sack on lastnight Newsnight just shows that the politicians haven't a clue what to do next. Ditto the BBCs granting of unlimited airtime to that impenitent thug Balls isn't helping.

I believe the current Government are trying their best in ever-changing circumstances and the unchartered waters we're now in. I think the majority of people recognise that the public sector is way out of control, but what happens when the Govt. take a few, small steps to rectify things? They call a strike. They aspire to become the last survivors standing - an idiotic as well as a shockingly selfish ambition.

So the (minor) tweaks to their pensions aren't fair? Diddums. Neither is expecting the rest of us to pay 25% of our Council Tax to their pensions.

Because it's an insignificantly small part of the budget?

The Tory/Lib Dem Government are dead set on increasing the budget for International Development Aid to just under £13 billion by 2015.

If they do consider such a huge sum 'insignificant' then they are truly out of touch with ordinary people struggling to survive these harsh economic times.

You mean like in the same way our children are at fault for funding Pakistan's nuclear deterrent or electric bills paying for foreign aid?

Can you provide a link Where "NICE" have stated that overseas aid is the cause of refusing diabetics treatment?

Nice deside what treatment is affordable within the NHS buget, a biger budget and more treatments will be affordable.

Some health trusts are banning medicines approved for use on the NHS because they are too expensive, research suggests.

Drugs to treat conditions including cancer, heart disease, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy have been blacklisted, with GPs told not to prescribe them.

No they went on an austerity drive almost immediately. They were already making cuts in 2008. The IMF didn't come in until 2010.

Not enough considering they had to accept a £77billion EU-IMF rescue package. Austerity doesn't just mean cutting the spending, it also comes with tax rises etc which the Irish begrudgingly imposed on the IMF's say so.

Originally Posted by Bassman62

Our diabetics are now to fund 'Overseas Aid' by being refused a drug on cost grounds by 'NICE' the National Institute for Health & Clinical Excellence

You mean like in the same way our children are at fault for funding Pakistan's nuclear deterrent or electric bills paying for foreign aid?

Can you provide a link Where "NICE" have stated that overseas aid is the cause of refusing diabetics treatment?

What disgusts and dissapoints me is that there are people on here who don't give a toss about our own poor and needy but are quite happy to fund with the money that should got to the poor and needy in this country just about any corrupt overseas power, none more corrupt than Pakistan the home of international terrorist training/recruiting.

Charity begins at home or don't you care about our own sick, suffering and need?.

:Originally Posted by ronthenekred

Nice deside what treatment is affordable within the NHS buget, a biger budget and more treatments will be affordable.

Quote:= MrSmith

Some health trusts are banning medicines approved for use on the NHS because they are too expensive, research suggests.

Drugs to treat conditions including cancer, heart disease, asthma, diabetes and epilepsy have been blacklisted, with GPs told not to prescribe them.

I bet he won't believe you, he's so anti UK poor, sick and elderly being looked after before foreigners.

The Tory/Lib Dem Government are dead set on increasing the budget for International Development Aid to just under £13 billion by 2015.

If they do consider such a huge sum 'insignificant' then they are truly out of touch with ordinary people struggling to survive these harsh economic times.

Every where there are cuts yet Overseas Aid is to increase with most of it ending up in Swiss bank accounts.

What disgusts and dissapoints me is that there are people on here who don't give a toss about our own poor and needy but are quite happy to fund with the money that should got to the poor and needy in this country just about any corrupt overseas power, none more corrupt than Pakistan the home of international terrorist training/recruiting.

Charity begins at home or don't you care about our own sick, suffering and need?.

I agree with you!

I don't give a penny to overseas charities(apart from whats taken out of my taxes) Most of the do-gooders on here are probably as tight as nuns crutches,and give nowt anyway.

Not enough considering they had to accept a £77billion EU-IMF rescue package. Austerity doesn't just mean cutting the spending, it also comes with tax rises etc which the Irish begrudgingly imposed on the IMF's say so.

Not enough austerity is not the same as the profligate spending you originally claimed. Which way will you have it?

Archived