Osbourne's Excuses

Personally I'm grateful to our government for the actions they have taken ensuring we kept a decent credit rating, because if we'd have lost that, interest rates would have gone up, mortgages would have gone up, and lot's more people would have had their homes reposessed.

Personally I'm grateful to our government for the actions they have taken ensuring we kept a decent credit rating, because if we'd have lost that, interest rates would have gone up, mortgages would have gone up, and lot's more people would have had their homes reposessed.

The irony is that we will lose our rating if this nonsense carries on much longer.

Low BoE interest rates are disastrous for us. It's a completely abnormal situation and although the Tories have taken to celebrating it there is absolutely nothing to be happy about with it. Unless you are financially feckless and higher interest rates would send you under.

Osbourne is starting to make Brown's economics look prudent.

They always were.

The Tories were committed to match Labour spending all the way up to 2009.

The Tories are a bit confused at the moment.

On one hand they claim that Labour are 'deficit deniers', and then immediately claim that Labour would be making exactly the same cuts as them!

So if its down to Osbourne that we still have AAA rating, will you accept that its his fault when we eventually lose it?

Or will you carry on making excuses for him?

Mod Note

Posts have been removed for attacking other users, not being family friendly and quoting deleted posts.

I understand this is an emotive issue but please try to discuss it in a civilised manner, attack the argument not the person making it and remember that children can read these posts.

Archived