'Racist' on the London tram

To be a racist you have to believe your race is superior to another race. Saying a black man is black isn’t racist unless you believe your race is superior.

She implied that "her Britain" was in a state because of "black" and "brown" people, which is an clear example of racism.

Frank has claimed this repeatedly throughout the thread.

A BBC article from earlier today stated the woman was being held pending psychiatric reports. Not quite the same thing.

The article currently states; "The 34-year-old was remanded in custody while reports are prepared."

And I've repeatedly said we shouldn't judge her until these reports are concluded. Seems fairly reasonable to me, how about you?

She implied that "her Britain" was in a state because of "black" and "brown" people, which is an clear example of racism.

Or

Her Britain which is predominatly white being 'overrun' in some parts with differing cultures, some who refuse to integrate and 'seem' to get different (ie better) treatment than those who can trace their history back 3 generations or more. Or the erosion of British culture and heritage due to mass imigration.

We wont know till more info comes out.

She's obviously guilty of using very offensive language and behaviour. Quite rightly she's been nicked for it; I really fail to see what else you could possibly say in defence of her foul and abusive behaviour.

Are you hedging your bets because she's white or because you agree with her and think she behaved reasonably?

there could be a number of reasons she acted like she did. She said she worked - maybe she worked in a place where she was excluded because no-one speaks English - I learned Polish when I worked in an Italian restaurant because thats what everyone spoke.

Maybe she missed out on better job because her work place had to show that they were 'racially diverse' and missed out to someone who'd been in the country for 5 minutes. I've been referred to as 'the racial diverse employee' at 3 different work places even though I hold a British passport.

Maybe she'd been raped by a newcomer and her child was the result of it - that may explain the reason she doen't seem to give a damn about him.

We have seen a 1 1/2 minute clip that comes in after the start. no one knows why she started. we've only seen a glimpse and everyone is making assumptions.

Frank has claimed this repeatedly throughout the thread.

A BBC article from earlier today stated the woman was being held pending psychiatric reports. Not quite the same thing.

The article currently states; "The 34-year-old was remanded in custody while reports are prepared."

I dont think he has you know.

Nah - I'm talking about being called a f*****g criminal when they find out I'm an Aussie, then thinking it is funny to routinely go around on a daily basis making sure everyone knew where the bags and wallets were.

It then comes down to the definition of race, are white Aussies the same race as white Brits. I would say so, which would mean your abusers are just assholes and not racists.

I think a lot of us don't understand the words happiness and being miserable, hence there is a separate place for being intolerant.

Only racist comment was from that black woman, she said you lot won't work! Utter racism! But hey all she will get is victim compensation.

Archived