'Racist' on the London tram

Why do you think vulnerable mentally ill mothers are repugnant? Don't you have any compassion for your fellow human beings?

Why do you discriminate against the mentally ill. Its not something they can help. Your behaviour is like something from 200 years ago.

Why are you persisting with this mentally ill line? Where is your evidence that she is mentally ill? Unless mentally ill and racism are synonymous. Hmmmm *ponders*

3) How does an "institutionally racist" person come across?

Duh, from threads on here i've seen clips of outright racists and she is not an out and out moronic racists, a moron maybe, but a disgruntled one. If you're labelling her as racist, you also need to label the other woman one in the same fashion.

I'll ask you again, apologies if you've replied and I missed it..

If the woman is found to be suffering from a form of mental illness do you think she should still be charged? Do you think her mental illness is a just excuse for her behaviour?

If you respond by saying this is not a fact yet. Can you respond, using your imagination, as though it were a fact?

Not, if she's mentally ill, no. I wouldn't be that keen on prosecuting her either, if she is regarded as mentally sound. I'm not convinced sure it achieves anything. Better to try to educate her, not to be patronising towards her but for the sake of her and her boy's future.

I'm not justifying her behaviour, but i'm also not taking it further that what it is, not that we can see / hear the full story!

I'd agree. I don't think anyone, well almost, is defending what she has done. Its more to do with the circumstances and witch hunt that's followed....

I've repeatedly been called a racist even though I've repeatedly said what she did was not acceptable and if the circumstances of the event show that she is a racist then she should suffer the consequences..

But the woman has been hung out to dry for saying something stupid and offensive...When none of us know the full circumstances.

Better to try to educate her, not to be patronising towards her but for the sake of her and her boy's future.

And with her I don't personally think that it'd be a hard job, in fact I bet she's herself ashamed of how she (re)acted. It seems out of place for her base character.

Archived