closet racist

casual racist

weekend racist

institutionalised racist

regretfull racist

ironic racist

positive racist

Drunken idiot on a tram racist.

Really a racist but won't admit it on a forum racist, but will try and defend other racists by saying they aren't really racist, just expressing their opinion racist.

Takes all sorts. ;)

..It seems some people can flip from racist to none racist at the drop of a hat...I'd disagree, either you are or you aren't

The opposite argument, the one that you would say, is that when people hold an opinion then that must define them for the rest of their life. You agree with that?

My argument is that people can change, and that language isn't always the best means to convene varying levels of opinion.

The opposite argument, the one that you would say, is that when people hold an opinion then that must define them for the rest of their life. You agree with that?

My argument is that people can change, and that language isn't always the best means to convene varying levels of opinion.

the bit at the end of his post says he believes people can change over time?

No people can change. I'm quite willing to listen.

If someone can give me a good reason why the woman on the train isn't entitled to be heard and given the benefit of the doubt until we know all the details of her personal circumstances then I may change my mind.

This has changed into a race issue, when all along I've said if she is, she deserves all she gets. It appears apparent racist behaviour trumps any other thing and all common sense and decency are dumped from a great height.

It's always been a race issue. It's the first word in the title. No change about it.

What common sense and decency has been dumped, in your view?

I meant race in the sense that its claimed that anyone who can see a problem with the way the woman has been portrayed must in some way be themselves racist.

Common sense and decency - we don't know enough about her to draw any conclusions.

we don't know enough about her to draw any conclusions.

I don't feel that way. I know she shouts racist abuse at strangers on public transport, thus I can make a conclusion. It is by no means a deep understanding of her situation in life, but I can conclude she's an idiot. Maybe more information will change my opinion, or if I was closed-minded I would ignore further information and be happy with my conclusion.

I remember once hearing an argument on the bus between a woman and a man who was swearing loudly and showing off about shop lifting. I didn't think twice about drawing any conclusions about him either.

40+ pages on this woman is madness. At which point, I'm out. :)

Archived