Save Linda Carty

What do you mean "require these southern extremists to refrain from executing it's subjects"

...The South accounts for over 80% of [uSA] executions.

-

I only went to the North-east when I went...

The Northeast, which has less than 1% of all executions, tied with the West for the lowest murder rate
... perhaps that's why I can only speculate, and use links.

Link

"The Northeast, which has less than 1% of all executions, tied with the West for the lowest murder rate"

We have a very low murder rate where I live. (Certainly South ;))

I live in an area which is renowned for having a low crime rate. Most of the residents are retired, so the chances are that burglars won't find too many houses empty all day.

A brave burglar probably wouldn't be deterred, but a smart burglar might think twice ... and the word has (apparently) got around.

We do have 'security' who have radios and are in contact with the local police, but there is also the 'local network' :hihi:

Apparently (at about this time last year) a couple of local blaggers crawled under the North gate and broke into a couple of houses. They were seen. The people who saw them didn't call the police, nor did they call security (initially) they called their friends.

By the time the 'enterprising' burglars got back to the gate, there were half a dozen aged gentlemen waiting for them. One of the burglars had a gun and decided to use it (daft bugger!) The gentlemen waiting for him also had guns and were a bit more competent than he was ... they had, after all, been using guns as a part of their job all their lives.

I live in a military retirement community. We know each other, we all have a list of phone numbers and we don't bother to lock our doors, because you won't get out. - Don't bother coming in.

It's like 'Neighbourhood watch' - with teeth. And Florida has a law which denies criminals the right to sue for damages/injuries which occur when the injured/damaged person is committing a crime.

It works, too.

Unrelated cases shouldn't, and can't be used as evidence to the crime that she is accused of.

Your link though, could probably convince people that she is a bad person, and equally could be put forward to influence their jury decision if it was brought before them. A juror spoke on the documentary saying much the same, based on his knowledge, and what his knowledge was.

You quoted stuff, so I guess you read it first, and equally, people admitted things to get a plea bargain...

she may have concocted all of this... I don't know. But like you, I don't agree with the DP, and this case, however you view it, at best, leaves too many holes to legally murder someone.

That is true in English law but I dont know about in America their justice system is different to ours in many ways,in any case it is brought up in the sentencing hearing.

"The Northeast, which has less than 1% of all executions, tied with the West for the lowest murder rate"

We have a very low murder rate where I live. (Certainly South ;))

I live in an area which is renowned for having a low crime rate. Most of the residents are retired, so the chances are that burglars won't find too many houses empty all day.

A brave burglar probably wouldn't be deterred, but a smart burglar might think twice ... and the word has (apparently) got around.

We do have 'security' who have radios and are in contact with the local police, but there is also the 'local network' :hihi:

Apparently (at about this time last year) a couple of local blaggers crawled under the North gate and broke into a couple of houses. They were seen. The people who saw them didn't call the police, nor did they call security (initially) they called their friends.

By the time the 'enterprising' burglars got back to the gate, there were half a dozen aged gentlemen waiting for them. One of the burglars had a gun and decided to use it (daft bugger!) The gentlemen waiting for him also had guns and were a bit more competent than he was ... they had, after all, been using guns as a part of their job all their lives.

I live in a military retirement community. We know each other, we all have a list of phone numbers and we don't bother to lock our doors, because you won't get out. - Don't bother coming in.

It's like 'Neighbourhood watch' - with teeth. And Florida has a law which denies criminals the right to sue for damages/injuries which occur when the injured/damaged person is committing a crime.

It works, too.

One of the things that surprised me when I first started reading regularly here, were the number of burglaries in the UK that occured when the thieves knew someone was home! And they appeared not to care! I was absolutely astounded. That would never or rarely happen where I live.

The only conclusion I can draw is that Sheffield burglars are emboldened because they know most people don't have a gun. Here, you never know who has a gun.

One of the things that surprised me when I first started reading regularly here, were the number of burglaries in the UK that occured when the thieves knew someone was home! And they appeared not to care! I was absolutely astounded. That would never or rarely happen where I live.

The only conclusion I can draw is that Sheffield burglars are emboldened because they know most people don't have a gun. Here, you never know who has a gun.

Too true it wouldn't happen here. Once a burglar enters my home and I'm there his body and soul belong to me :D

Harleyman, please clear your inbox

I'll get around to that Rupert. Right now though I can only make very short posts as that great big wind storm we had a couple of nights ago has made a real mess around the place and I'm taking a short break between cleaning up

There's a bar which straddles the Tennessee/ Georgia state border. The bar area is in Tennessee but if you go to the rear of the bar to the gents toilet you are in a "dry" (no alcohol allowed) county in the state of Georgia. A blue line drawn across the floor between the bar and the gents denotes the exact border bwtween the two states. If you were to go to the gents carrying a beer bought at the bar you could technically be breaking the law once you cross that blue line.

Why do I say this? Because laws vary from one state to another. If you commit murder in Texas or Florida you are more likely to end up on death row than say in Vermont where there's no such place. Linda Carty plotted to kidnap another woman's baby and it resulted in the death of the mother in a state where a conviction for first degree murder carries the death penalty.

I feel no sympathy for the woman. I've heard and read about some horrible brutal senseless murders during the years I've lived here.

In the case of little Jessica Lunsford aged 9 who was kidnapped, raped then buried alive by a sick monster named Cooey in Florida and subsequently sentenced to death I would have been quite happy to stand outside the prison and break open a bottle of cheap champagne when it was announced that he had paid the penalty. Happily, as it turned out Cooey died of natural causes beforehand.

American prisons are overcrowded enough already without adding to the problem by keeping such people alive at taxpayer expense.

There's a bar which straddles the Tennessee/ Georgia state border. The bar area is in Tennessee but if you go to the rear of the bar to the gents toilet you are in a "dry" (no alcohol allowed) county in the state of Georgia. A blue line drawn across the floor between the bar and the gents denotes the exact border bwtween the two states. If you were to go to the gents carrying a beer bought at the bar you could technically be breaking the law once you cross that blue line.

I'm not sure what this has to do with anything that we were discussing.

Why do I say this? Because laws vary from one state to another. If you commit murder in Texas or Florida you are more likely to end up on death row than say in Vermont where there's no such place.

Are you having a laugh?

-

Incidentally the murder rate in Vermont is nearly 5 times less than in Texas or Florida (/100k people), which kind of disturbs what I think you were trying to argue.

-

Linda Carty plotted to kidnap another woman's baby and it resulted in the death of the mother in a state where a conviction for first degree murder carries the death penalty.

I feel no sympathy for the woman. I've heard and read about some horrible brutal senseless murders during the years I've lived here.

In the case of little Jessica Lunsford aged 9 who was kidnapped, raped then buried alive by a sick monster named Cooey in Florida and subsequently sentenced to death I would have been quite happy to stand outside the prison and break open a bottle of cheap champagne when it was announced that he had paid the penalty. Happily, as it turned out Cooey died of natural causes beforehand.

And the brutal horrific case of Jessica has what to do with this case?

American prisons are overcrowded enough already without adding to the problem by keeping such people alive at taxpayer expense.

I'm sure that you've seen all the evidence that your 'execution laws cost more than life incarceration', and has been done enough before.

Archived