Do you have a provisional license?

If so, can you look at it and tell me when it expires?

I've googled and found conflicting answers that says two years and until your 70th birthday. I think the latter is correct and people are confusing the two years with how long your theory test pass certificate lasts.

Please can someone confirm.

The direct gov website sucks

Mine expires in 2014, I applied for it in 2004.

I think this is just when it has to be renewed rather than expires though, every 10 years, you have to change the photo and make sure details are up to date. I do believe it lasts until your 70th birthday, when you have to apply again.

I used to have one before I was diagnosed with AS, and actually had lessons in a manual car with the same bloke who taught my Brother, he said I could drive but the gears were a problem for me, I kept looking down to do the gears and not watching the road! :(

Years later I applied again after my diagnosis, for lessons in an automatic, and got refused on medical grounds, they also said I'd be a candidate for "road rage" because of my short temper.

I still want attempt number 3 though, as the local Bus service is pants so I want to have lessons in an automatic car even if I never pass a test.

I used to have one before I was diagnosed with AS, and actually had lessons in a manual car with the same bloke who taught my Brother, he said I could drive but the gears were a problem for me, I kept looking down to do the gears and not watching the road! :(

Years later I applied again after my diagnosis, for lessons in an automatic, and got refused on medical grounds, they also said I'd be a candidate for "road rage" because of my short temper.

I still want attempt number 3 though, as the local Bus service is pants so I want to have lessons in an automatic car even if I never pass a test.

Nice :rolleyes:

So they decide your a danger on the roads without giving you the chance to prove them wrong?

Nice :rolleyes:

So they decide your a danger on the roads without giving you the chance to prove them wrong?

I was never even given a chance! :rant:

They said I could appeal but it would cost me more than the price of a car in legal fees to go to Court.

And as people on here know and regularly moan about, I'm on benefits.

I actually already have a driving license and have done for many years now but wanted to know about the validity of a provisional as it's a cheaper alternative to a passport for I.D (for my sister).

A provisional isnt that good for ID. I had loads of problems using it for ID till i got my full one.

Seems really harsh when you consider how well and how often he posts here. He holds down a job too so why cant he at least have a go at passing his test.

He cant be as bad as some of the mental heads i see on the roads every day.

Archived