Where/how did the Royals acquire their wealth?

From colonies.

It's what we call: stealing.

How so? If I discovered a thus far unknown tribe of Yorkshire pygmies in the woods at the back of my house, and traded with them, say, a couple of hoodie tops and some tea bags for a bucket of diamonds, they'd be happy with the trade and so would I - where's the theft?

As Tony says, much of our colonial wealth was purchased using fine, highly-prized beads. Doubtless the natives at the time thought the Europeans were mugs for paying such fine items in trade for smelly furs and dirty minerals.

As Tony says, much of our colonial wealth was purchased using fine, highly-prized beads. Doubtless the natives at the time thought the Europeans were mugs for paying such fine items in trade for smelly furs and dirty minerals.

Sorry but how do we know that for certain?

Sorry but how do we know that for certain?

It is known for certain, it is recent recorded fact.

In its worst form, it was the Trade Triangle.

At first simple trinkets to Africa, Human slaves from Africa to the Americas, Tobacco, Cotton Sugar etc from America back to England.

The simple trinkets were soon replaced by guns etc, to pay the Arab and African slave traders.

In South America, Gold was so abundant that Columbus obtained vast ammounts of it, by giving out bells and mirrors.

The native people thought he was a fool for giving away such treasures, for something they had in abundance.

Value, like beauty, is in the eye of the beholder.

Archived