Where/how did the Royals acquire their wealth?

It's quite simple. Their family was much cleverer than yours over successive generations.

Unlike many they actually did earn it.

Fine, let's say they earned their wealth through centuries of honest, hard work.

Does that necessarily make them noble or rightfully in a position where it is correct for so-called subjects to bow in their presence? Why all the BS?

It's quite simple. Their family was much cleverer than yours over successive generations.

That is an argument from a standpoint that being a monarch is a reward. It's wrong anyway, because there is more than intelligence as a factor, but I liked your point. :)

Arguing from "not being inbred is a reward" then their family have really messed up.

:) It's not a reward, I said that their family was cleverer than yours (and mine) That usually implies hard work as well as brains.

And therefore they got to have the rules and society working in their favour. Let's be fair, who wouldn't want to pass down what they had earned?

Me neither Jimmy, people earn respect. That being said I have lot of respect for quite a few people on here and at work. I have utmost respect for my OH who is honest and hard-working. I don't believe that just because people have privilege and wealth that they are better than me but neither do I think all rich people are worse either. There is good and bad in all walks of life:D:love:

This isn't a class thing for me, I've nothing against rich people in principle. It's the 'honours' that are bestowed upon people.

The idea that the Queen gets to say basically "this guy is now your superior, you should call him 'sir'" is to me, disgusting.

But it was alright for one of her distant relatives to chop the head off some other bloke and proclaim himself ruler?

When you exterminate the people who make the law, you can pretty much make whatever law you want in its place.

In point of fact, though, William the Illegitimate* had been promised the throne by Edward the Confessor - but so had Harold Godwin. It was pretty inevitable there was going to be a fight, and we could be having this argument either way.

Fine, let's say they earned their wealth through centuries of honest, hard work.

Does that necessarily make them noble or rightfully in a position where it is correct for so-called subjects to bow in their presence? Why all the BS?

Yes it does because they are better,cleverer and more handsome/beautiful than the rest of us.

They got it through theft and gifts of land a property from the original owners.

Just look at Charles and the Duchy of Cornwall. His wealth is mainly derived from being the land owner of Cornwall and all it foreshore including that around the Scilly Isles.

Archived