Orange increasing monthly charges

They could say prices are going up when you renew your contract (if you choose to do so) but they cannot increase charges mid contract.

They quote in their text the part of the contract that says that they can. Section 4.3 and 15.1 of your contract explains how they up the charges and why you can't cancel your contract early.

They quote in their text the part of the contract that says that they can. Section 4.3 and 15.1 of your contract explains how they up the charges and why you can't cancel your contract early.

sounds like they've got em over a barrel.

Might cash in on people not reading contracts anymore. Just put in clauses where I can increase what I charge you at my discression.

I've actually just phoned up. They've told me I can change my plan so I'm not paying anymore than before. This change in plan means I pay the same but HALVE MY INCLUSIVE MINUTES to 300 from 600!!

They also told me I can't cancel my contract without incurring cancellation charges. To be honest, it's not the £1.50, it's the principle. When I sign up to a £35 a month contract for 24 months, I expect it to stay at that price.

OFCOM will investigate if enough people complain.

Apparently Orange are supposed to give free cancellations of contract if any change in the contract is of "material detriment". I can't see how taking more money off you is anything other than a "material detriment".

sounds like they've got em over a barrel.

Might cash in on people not reading contracts anymore. Just put in clauses where I can increase what I charge you at my discression.

In reality can a person with no legal expertise read a full contract and understand what it might mean when a rich companies legal team design/find loopholes so that they can force you to pay more?

Archived