Strikes: Who will pay

Do you want to pay more taxes for pensions?  

13 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to pay more taxes for pensions?

• Yes
    • No

Just watching local news and a council worker said, "One day of inconvenience isn't going to affect anybody but the government"...

But who pays this extra money? At the end of the day, every penny is payed by the tax payer...

We should all work for the councils.... we could all circularly pay each other! Pretend that private enterprise makes the money to run the country, oh yeah, it does!

Should we be fooled into this mass action of disruption as being the solution to the countries issues?

What is it that needs paying for?

All those pensions!

There is a day's pay for a lot of people being saved,

Saved from what, life of a non council worker, say supermarket worker or millions similar...

where's the cost?

An increase in your taxes, where else is the money likely to come from? What about getting the bankers to gamble for it? Oops, no, no one thinks that's a good idea any more!!!

Being a civil servant, I will be paying more for less. My pension isn't worth the paper it's written on.

I suggest you pull out of it and sink your money into a private pension instead. Clearly, the new public pension schemes being offered by the government are awful in comparison; otherwise there wouldn't be so much uproar.

Being a civil servant, I will be paying more for less. My pension isn't worth the paper it's written on.

Because pensions were invested in stocks and that's a risk everybody knew about. Lot's of others have lost their pensions too but won't be able to get the tax payer to pay for theirs. None public sector workers are losing out twice and having an inconvenience caused by moaning Labour trying to rabble rouse!

Because pensions were invested in stocks and that's a risk everybody knew about. Lot's of others have lost their pensions too but won't be able to get the tax payer to pay for theirs. None public sector workers are losing out twice and having an inconvenience caused by moaning Labour trying to rabble rouse!

Nice to see we're all in it together. We in the public sector think it's a scandal that pensions in the private sector have been closed to most workers (but not all - check out how many Directors still have them though) and have been made largely worthless.

Yet there are some private sector workers who seem to be positively reveling in the same destruction of public pensions.

My union's view is "fair pensions for all". For some in the private sector it seems to be "well I don't have pension, so why should anyone else?" Not a very nice way to think surely?

My union's view is "fair pensions for all". For some in the private sector it seems to be "well I don't have pension, so why should anyone else?" Not a very nice way to think surely?

So i'm not very nice because money is tight and people are demanding me to pay more taxes for their pockets? Holding me to ransom even!

What if private sector workers payers stopped paying taxes, there'd be no public sector jobs then, never mind pretty good pensions!

Archived