BBC Documentary on Buy to let, exploitation, and the mentally challenged.

David and Shirley Harwood, who own 29 properties, valued at between £4m and £4.5m, also made their fortune using the Kiyosaki method, and now teach it. Their "passive" income is between £36,000 and £40,000 a year from their rentals and they also bring in about £100,000 a year as consultants and teachers.

They said that between them they earned a lot teaching others; David brought in about £60,000 and Shirley £40,000. "That well exceeds what we earned in our ordinary lives and jobs," says Shirley.

They also make a point of keeping up to date with their wealth studies, and Shirley says she is currently reading a series called The Way Forward.

"It's up to you what you make of your life. If you are happy with your life and quite content with where you are, there's nothing wrong with that," she says.

"We need the people who don't want to go out to work and be DSS tenants, otherwise we wouldn't have those tenants in our properties."

Consider DSS is a very old term for what was up until recently HB and now LHA, the benefit people claim for housing on behalf of their landlords, and this benefit is due to be cut substantially in 1 month! (When interest rates finally begin to rise, and the lambs are lead to slaughter)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15256999 -Article about program.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b017xgn6/Money_Who_Wants_to_be_a_Millionaire/ The program itself.

The program follows a group of people, a naive nursery nurse in debt for attending 'wealth seminars'. A naive young couple in debt for attending wealth seminars. A very rich man whom exploits the naive. A 'rich' woman who has done well out of property.

You have to see this to believe it.

Perhaps you understand why I lament Buy to Let as being immoral?

These parasitic rent seeking scum do nothing productive, they even convert others (and rob them whilst doing so) to their evil.

They produce nothing and deprive others, they are human detritus.

I have one in my own family who I warned many times, and they are due bankrupt this coming year, I have offered to give them accommodation and food on the condition they repent for their sins. In their attempts to better themselves at the expense of others, they have not only hurt themselves, but those around them.

What's wrong with doing some honest graft?

In 2 years a man can build 2 houses and feed 8 men for life.

Use your labour wisely people. Don't be a parasite.

Kiyosaki? = AMWAY! (but slightly less reputable!)

Should be jailed if you ask me. And perhaps even some of the naive mugs who have been ripped off.

These people are a danger to themselves and others. They can't help it, but that shouldn't mean we allow them, to be, and to, exploit.

A man who grows a potato create's wealth.

A man who rents out stolen land does not, he only removes the ability of the system (the collective human population), to produce wealth.

This has sod all to do with buy to let. Since time began, people want to better themselves and they go out and find the knowledge to do it. I remember buying a book from the back of the paper when I was in my teens. It's topic was how to get rich by running a mail order business.

I learned the lesson that the book they sold in the back of the paper was how they were getting rich by mail order. :)

This has sod all to do with buy to let. Since time began, people want to better themselves and they go out and find the knowledge to do it. I remember buying a book from the back of the paper when I was in my teens. It's topic was how to get rich by running a mail order business.

I learned the lesson that the book they sold in the back of the paper was how they were getting rich by mail order. :)

What’s that saying, there’s a sucker born every minute

I hope you didn't then become rich by selling get rich quick books to more suckers.:D

Should be jailed if you ask me. And perhaps even some of the naive mugs who have been ripped off.

These people are a danger to themselves and others. They can't help it, but that shouldn't mean we allow them, to be, and to, exploit.

A man who grows a potato create's wealth.

A man who rents out stolen land does not, he only removes the ability of the system (the collective human population), to produce wealth.

So there should only be a manufacturing industry? Because services are not producing anything? The landlord is providing a service, people are willing to pay, she is creating wealth for herself.

So there should only be a manufacturing industry? Because services are not producing anything? The landlord is providing a service, people are willing to pay, she is creating wealth for herself.

They are not creating any wealth whatsoever, they are blatant rent seekers and they cause nothing but misery.

They are nothing but thieves. Stealing from others.

Someone who serves you a coffee, somebody who builds a house, these are the people provide a service for the greater good.

They are not creating any wealth whatsoever, they are blatant rent seekers and they cause nothing but misery.

They are nothing but thieves. Stealing from others.

Someone who serves you a coffee, somebody who builds a house, these are the people provide a service for the greater good.

What about someone who takes an uninhabitable dump, invests their own time/money/effort to make it inhabitable and then charges someone to live there? They are providing a service

Archived