Sacked whilst on the sick

Did you right a letter telling them of this? if not your word against theres, nothing they can do about it, just words, i had this with one of my old bosses, told them i was thinking about leaving and they took that as i was, went to see solicitor and they told me if not wrote a letter confirming nothing they can do

they can;t just sack you, especially with not even a letter, they should have asked you in for a meeting, i know where you are coming from i have depression as well and its not nice, chin up chuck xx

Thanks for that :)

Regarding contact though, they havent sent me anything. No letter, not my p45, they didnt ask fora meeting and weve been keeping them as informed as possible. Im trying to hold it together but after recent events this is one of those things that i really didnt need.

Thanks for that :)

Regarding contact though, they havent sent me anything. No letter, not my p45, they didnt ask fora meeting and weve been keeping them as informed as possible. Im trying to hold it together but after recent events this is one of those things that i really didnt need.

i can imagine, just keep talking to people it will help, ring a solicitor just to seek a bit of advice but i reckon there is a tribunal case here

Did you right a letter telling them of this? if not your word against theres, nothing they can do about it, just words, i had this with one of my old bosses, told them i was thinking about leaving and they took that as i was, went to see solicitor and they told me if not wrote a letter confirming nothing they can do

No i didnt send them a letter telling them i was leaving which is why it wassuch a shock.

My problem is ive only worked there for like a few months so i think my rights are very limited :(

No i didnt send them a letter telling them i was leaving which is why it wassuch a shock.

My problem is ive only worked there for like a few months so i think my rights are very limited :(

still they can;t just sack you, unfair dismissle!! Idiots, you still have rights x

I think with only a few months under your belt they can terminate when they want, being on the sick is unlikely to make any difference but no harm in trying. After the first year your rights kick in though there is or was talk of extending that period to two years, don't quote me though.

after 3 months employment, if you have not got a contract from them, then in law, there is an assumed contract in place, so if your employment is over 3 months then you have them over the proverbial barrel so to speak, get to cab or an employment solicitor asap!!

Archived