Sacked whilst on the sick

A differing view. Doubt if you have any chance of reinstatement. Hope you can get your job back, but do not bet money on it. I know of some who were "sacked" with almost two years of service in, never mind a couple of months. Good luck anyway.

Regards

Angel.

Thanks ill do that.

According to HR i have to get my sick note from work, well my former work as it is now then send it to the dss.

Sounds like its not going to be a very merry christmas.

argh dont say that, you will have a good christmas i'm sure

No offence as I do not know why you are depressed, but I don't have a great deal of empathy for this case. Why should an employer pay some 1 to be off sick for a whole month who has been there under a year? I do believe the rights are far too much on the employee's side sometimes.

As I said no offence, Not aimed at you just a valid point.

Well they have done. Just found out today. Ive been off for a few weeks with depression but ive kept them informed and didnt know id been sacked until i checked the bank today.

Not really sure what to do no well have no money coming in.OH's on the phone to CAB as we speak.

Well you certainly have got something to be depressed about now - how do you pay the bills?

If I were you, get on your hands and kness and get your job back. When you can't pay your bills, then you will look back onto your 'depression' with rose tinted spectakles

Archived