Christian worker loses her job after being 'targeted' by Islamic extremists

Having read the article, it is clear that there is a lot more to this story than we are being told. It is not legal for an employer to summarily dismiss an employee because he/she has made a complaint about another member of staff, and I doubt that the Heathrow authorities would circumvent the rules in such a glaringly obvious way.

And secondly, as has already been pointed out, if these 'muslims' were ridiculing Jesus then they are clearly extremely ignorant of the traditions of the religious faith which they claim to be upholding, therefore they are just idiots who do not represent Muslims on the whole. But I'm sure that won't stop the usual right-wing zealots from complaining about the proclaimed "Islamification" of Britain that this story actually does nothing to prove.

If it's true what they did at the airport, then they should be sacked.

It's usually the same people (and their 'mates'); try to relax; there's not going to be a take-over of the UK :D

And there's always one that excuses their behaviour as just a few. It's inherent in religion son. They're doing exactly as their religion asks. In fact they are excellent Muslims.

Having read the article, it is clear that there is a lot more to this story than we are being told. It is not legal for an employer to summarily dismiss an employee because he/she has made a complaint about another member of staff, and I doubt that the Heathrow authorities would circumvent the rules in such a glaringly obvious way.

Why? there wasn't more to the story when a BA worker was sacked for wearing a tiny cross on a necklace whilst her Muslim or Hindu colleagues were allowed to wear their religious garb.

She was reinstated and compensated I believe.

The problem is things never turn out to be how they seem. If this had been in the Daily Fail it would have been dismissed immediately. The Telegraph has more credibility but still. it does seem a little odd..Not only that when someone has a gripe with an employer its very easy to accuse anything...

Why? there wasn't more to the story when a BA worker was sacked for wearing a tiny cross on a necklace whilst her Muslim or Hindu colleagues were allowed to wear their religious garb.

She was reinstated and compensated I believe.

I think you will find the facts of the matter in this case were that

a) it was more to do with a Sikh's turban being almost mandatory dress, within the Sikh religion, whereas the wearing of a cross is not actually mandatory part of the Christian religion.

and

b) that the airline staff member in question was insisting she could wear her cross, in contravention of an "absolutely no jewellery" dress-rule (apart from wedding rings, I think)

Oh dear:- I think I've destroyed a lovely rant by bringing facts into the equation... :(

And there's always one that excuses their behaviour as just a few. It's inherent in religion son. They're doing exactly as their religion asks. In fact they are excellent Muslims.

Since when has it been part of the Islamic Faith to abuse others ?

Since when has it been part of the Islamic Faith to abuse others ?

Did I say abuse? You said it was the same people. I stated that it's the religions. Religion is about division. A simple rule of all religions is that if they don't follow your group then they don't belong. All religions teach this. The people in the OP were simply doing as their religion expects. Otherwise why have so many religions? If you're going to follow a religion at least understand what they're about.

Archived