Service & Repair for car

Hi guys,

I've got a Ford Focus 1.8 TDi Diesel (51 Reg). The glow plug light turned on yesterday when I was driving and disappeared after I restarted the car. This happened again this morning. :(

Does anybody know what's the problem?

I'd like to do a full service and repair this problem. How much would it be? and are there any suggestions of cheap garages?

Thanks!

From what I gather, the light is generic and could mean a number of things.

How's it been starting these colder mornings? Glow plug light coming on then going off and turning over ok?

If it were me I'd check the wiring, looking for bad earths - particularly the battery earth, and making sure the cable which connects all four glow plugs is secure and clean.

Then I'd look into getting a diagnostic. I'm a diesel Pug man so can't really help further.

In this morning, I started the car, stepped on accelerator for several times, then the light began flashing (it's unlike yesterday that the light kept on until I shut down the engine).

Starting seems fine all the time.

I'll check the wiring like you said

Hi truman, will the fault codes disappeared if I keep using the car? Or should I ask someone to go and check it without moving it?

The faults should be logged and stored. If the ECU is anything like a Peugeot it even logs the mileage and date the fault occurred - a godsend if you feel a "blip" and make a note of the mileage.

Thank you all! The problem seems cannot be solved by myself, at least, needs to be checked by some tools. I dare not drive this morning after it happened again.

I went to a garage under my office building and they told me it costs £250 to do full service exclude repair. It's much more expensive than making a book on Kwik-Fit's website which is £145.

Thank you all! The problem seems cannot be solved by myself, at least, needs to be checked by some tools. I dare not drive this morning after it happened again.

I went to a garage under my office building and they told me it costs £250 to do full service exclude repair. It's much more expensive than making a book on Kwik-Fit's website which is £145.

A service may not include fault reading and repair...be careful that you know what you're getting for your cash..

Archived