Conway mussels..

RJRB

Manns at hillsborough also only have the Scottish ones.

Looks like the Market is the best bet,but I haven't been there since the stall that did fresh boiled crabs packed in,but thats another story.

I suppose it's the price we pay for supermarkets taking over.

Manns at hillsborough also only have the Scottish ones.

Looks like the Market is the best bet,but I haven't been there since the stall that did fresh boiled crabs packed in,but thats another story.

I suppose it's the price we pay for supermarkets taking over.

Is it the price we pay for supermarkets taking over or are we just more willing to accept tasteless sanitised food here in the UK? When I travel to other countries I'm always impressed with the quality of produce on offer - the food actually tastes of something!

Even when we have great local produce like the Conwy mussels we can't buy them anywhere.

from what i have been told today from the purification plant in conwy who buys my mussels they don't send any to Sheffield anymore .they do send some mussels to a Manchester market maybe they send them to somewhere in Sheffield .

Maybe this thread shows there's a market for the Conwy mussels here in Sheffield and the company selling them should start distributing them here again?

They are are small mussels in a big shell at the moment. Maybe they will get better soon.

they wont be conwy mussels all conwy mussels that have come from conwy this season so far have been large the shell is always full ,

we have got word over the last few years of some shops and stalls selling conwy mussels as far as hull London and cardiff, there are 2 or 3 online shops selling conwy mussels and we don't supply them,

the mussels would be sold in a small 2kg plastic bag with a picture of conwy castle and a phone number and in writing saying (conwy purified mussels) on front all mussels come with a label stating the place they were purified

or a larger sack saying conwy purified mussels on front look out for this,

anyone wanting some as a small taster so you know what they are like i am happy to send you some to your door, if you are willing to cover the postage cost ,

the mussels will be purified and bagged and fresh out of the purification tanks to be eaten .pm your address if you want them . only if i am not breaking any rules on here

I got some Conwy mussels from Barnsley market today, in a 2kg bag as described by welsh mussel.

They cost me £5.95 for 2kg (or you can buy 1kg for £3.50). The smaller Shetland mussels were also £3.50/kg.

There were two different stalls selling the Conwy ones.

We're having them tonight, with frites, Belgian style!

Archived