Conway mussels..

RJRB

my appologies I gave wrong info in earlier post.

ONLY one stall in the market for Conwy mussels, and that is Anthony Andrews fishmongers, he told me today that this is the first year that there is no delivery to sheffield due to lack of orders, so he travels to Manchester to collect them.

To mussel man

Thanks for your contribution to this thread,and for your latest offer to post sample quantities.

I hope that some people who have never had them will take up your offer to compare with others.

I have enjoyed them for many years and realised that they had suddenly disappeared from the shops.

However it seems that there is some hope of still buying locally,and I will pursue these avenues,but thanks for the offer.

I hope you have a good season,but these strong winds can't be much fun for you.

my appologies I gave wrong info in earlier post.

ONLY one stall in the market for Conwy mussels, and that is Anthony Andrews fishmongers, he told me today that this is the first year that there is no delivery to sheffield due to lack of orders, so he travels to Manchester to collect them.

Thanks for the tip. I'll come and buy some :)

Were they flagged up as Conway Mussels?

Definately - cos i remember looking at them and thinking i had never heard of them before. they have some weird and wonderful things in there. I will have another look next time i go in, if u are in no rush, and see what the weight of the package is, and the price. I know they were in the freezers.

I have seen them in the new Tesco on Saville Street

I find that to be highly unlikely, but I hope it's true.

The thing is, Conwy mussels are the antithesis of supermarket food. The look ugly on the outside and they are full of flavour. Supermarket food always looks perfect on the outside, but tastes of nothing. Every other Tesco sells the cosmetically perfect (but tiny and tasteless) rope grown Scottish mussels.

Archived