Jesus was Jewish, so God must be Jewish

Well, perhaps in Arabic, the word muslim is best translated as "follower of God." But in English, it specifically means a person who follows the tenets of Islam - which Jesus did not, since Islam didn't yet exist.

True. but you shouldn't blame CX-whatever his name for it. You should blame the authors of the Quran, that stuff about how Adam, Moses, Jesus et al were all Muslim without knowing it is apparently in there, bizarre as it is.

Queen Eizabeth is not a decendant of William, but she is still the Queen.

Yes she is, William I is the 22nd Great-Grandfather of Queen Elizabeth II

This is interesting. Yes the queen is descended from the Norman kings who usurped the English throne. But when James VI of Scotland became the King of England the claim to the English throne returned to it's original ancestral line. :)

This is interesting. Yes the queen is descended from the Norman kings who usurped the English throne. But when James VI of Scotland became the King of England the claim to the English throne returned to it's original ancestral line. :)

James VI was also a descendant of William the Conqueror. Elizabeth can trace her ancestry to both.

You are completely wrong there.

It means one who submits.

Not to god, but to the teachings of Mohammed.

These things are meant to be set in stone, dont try to start changing them.

Muslims don't worship Mohammed. The submission is to God, as we believe that He, and He alone is worthy of worship

A bit more info on what was meant by Son(s) of God:

For thousands of years, emperors and rulers ranging from the Western Zhou dynasty (c. 1000 B.C.) in China to Jimmu Tenno of Japan (perhaps c. 600 B.C.) to Alexander the Great (c. 360 BC) have assumed titles that reflect a filial relationship with deities.[1][7][8][9]

Around the time of Jesus, the title divi filius (son of the divine one) was specially, but not exclusively, associated with Emperor Augustus (as adopted son of Julius Caesar). Later, it was also used to refer to Domitian (as son of Vespasian).[2][10] Augustus used the title "Divi filius", not "Dei filius", and respected the distinction.[11]

In the Book of Exodus Israel as a people is called "God's son", using the singular form.[12] Both the terms sons of God and "son of God" appear in Jewish literature predating the New Testament. In Jewish literature, the leaders of the people, kings and princes were called "sons of God" based on the view of the king as the lieutenant of God.[3] However, the Messiah, the Anointed One, was uniquely called the Son of God, as in Psalm 2:7: The "Lord hath said to me: Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee".[3] This psalm can obviously be seen as referring to a particular king of Judah, but has also been understood of the awaited Messiah.[13]

Source: wikipedia.

A bit more info on what was meant by Son(s) of God:

For thousands of years, emperors and rulers ranging from the Western Zhou dynasty (c. 1000 B.C.) in China to Jimmu Tenno of Japan (perhaps c. 600 B.C.) to Alexander the Great (c. 360 BC) have assumed titles that reflect a filial relationship with deities.[1][7][8][9]

Around the time of Jesus, the title divi filius (son of the divine one) was specially, but not exclusively, associated with Emperor Augustus (as adopted son of Julius Caesar). Later, it was also used to refer to Domitian (as son of Vespasian).[2][10] Augustus used the title "Divi filius", not "Dei filius", and respected the distinction.[11]

In the Book of Exodus Israel as a people is called "God's son", using the singular form.[12] Both the terms sons of God and "son of God" appear in Jewish literature predating the New Testament. In Jewish literature, the leaders of the people, kings and princes were called "sons of God" based on the view of the king as the lieutenant of God.[3] However, the Messiah, the Anointed One, was uniquely called the Son of God, as in Psalm 2:7: The "Lord hath said to me: Thou art my son, this day have I begotten thee".[3] This psalm can obviously be seen as referring to a particular king of Judah, but has also been understood of the awaited Messiah.[13]

Source: wikipedia.

We know. Parliament is full of "Lords" as well.

Muslims don't worship Mohammed. The submission is to God, as we believe that He, and He alone is worthy of worship

No, but you follow Mohammeds teachings.

It is his word, and his only, that says he spoke with Angel Gabriel, and met God in the end.

No one elses.

No one was there with him, to confirm his statements.

It is all done on trust.

And his descendants have made vast fortunes out of the poverty striken countries of the world by it.

Archived