Jesus was Jewish, so God must be Jewish

You believe that which exists must have a creator and you also believe that which exists doesn’t need a creator. This is a paradox, its illogical it can only be one or the other.

You could say something’s can exist without a creator and other things that exist need to be created, but then you couldn’t say it exists so must have been created.

I believe things that exist need a creator. Atheists say they don't. Atheists talk rot in my opinion. :)

There is no God to take it out on. Of any flavour. There is not a shred of evidence anywhere to suggest otherwise.

How do you KNOW this?

This is what atheists say all the time when they try to blame God for everything. :)

After all these years you STILL don't understand that Atheists do not believe in gods, therefore cannot blame gods.

Believers would say: the evidence is the universe itself.

But the universe as "evidence" can just as easily be used to say there is a Universe Factory somewhere, or that our universe is a microcosm created as a trinket by a giant jeweller, or that some alien's wish came true (having wished for another universe).

I'm interested to know out of all the billions of unlikeliest reasons for the existence of the Universe, why you believe a god created it. I'm not here to mock peoples beliefs, just to try and make sense of them.

So you either don’t believe that God exists or you believe God has a creator.

That is not what I said, I said atheists say the earth does not need a creator. Please do not twist my words.

I believe that God has always existed. He WAS the beginning and the end, the alpha and the omega.

Scientists also say there has always been something in existence. :)

You believe that which exists must have a creator and you also believe that which exists doesn’t need a creator. This is a paradox, its illogical it can only be one or the other. You could say something’s can exist without a creator and other things that exist need to be created, but then you couldn’t say it exists so must have been created.

This is true, and accepted by most religions as the norm. Religions tend not to be logocal.

This point will not convince any theist. What people should ask themselves before committing themselves to a life of theism is "WHY do I believe in a god(s)?"

If the only reason is because a book told them to, or older people told them to as they were growing up, then maybe they should think about it some more.

A Creator needs no 'purpose'.

Better question: "What is the purpose of Mankind?"

And the answer to the latter is there is no purpose to mankind, it's absurd.

Then Agbus said in reply:

"Absurdism is a philosophical school of thought stating that the efforts of humanity to find inherent meaning will ultimately fail (and hence are absurd)"

That describes atheism, religion however provides the answer and is therefore, unlike atheism, not absurd.

So Jeffrey are you saying your fallible human comprehension is enough to state God needs "no purpose"? Since we are fallible humans, our knowledge of God is subjective, not objective and it is only what is revealed to us is what we know of him.

So objectively how can you know God doesn't have a purpose?

That is not what I said, I said atheists say the earth does not need a creator. Please do not twist my words

He didn't twist any of your words, he said this...

So you either don’t believe that God exists or you believe God has a creator.

Because you said this....

I believe things that exist need a creator. Atheists say they don't. Atheists talk rot in my opinion. :)

So his statement is correct. Do you not see the irony in your bleating of other people twisting your words?

Archived