Jesus was Jewish, so God must be Jewish

Well here's me being all serious and you think I'm joking...:) I seem to remember something about it from years ago. Mohammad was in conflict with God and changed from a Jew and became a Muslim...I'm no religious expert but aren't the two religions similar anyway...No doubt someone will educate me...that's what I love about this forum...the learned ones, always willing to help us numpties...:D

I can't tell you anything about Mohammad's Jewishness, or lack thereof.

You are right that the religions are related, as is Christianity. All three are worshipping the same god, but each has differing opinions about the details.

I can't tell you anything about Mohammad's Jewishness, or lack thereof.

You are right that the religions are related, as is Christianity. All three are worshipping the same god, but each has differing opinions about the details.

So basically Jews and Muslims are the same. Along with Christians of course...I don't know why they're always falling out then. They're all basically the same..

So basically Jews and Muslims are the same. Along with Christians of course...I don't know why they're always falling out then. They're all basically the same..

Some just think they're above the rest.

Oh, and have more oil :P

It's always easier to have a blazing row with someone who disagrees with you on some minor points, than it is with someone who has a completely different belief set.

Look at some of the arguments even between Methodists and Anglicans, in the past. It's hard to imagine any two groups who could be as close to each other as those.

i appear to be getting misquoted on this thread-post-33

misunderstood -post 31.

i retreat before i cause any more confusion.:headbang:

I've edited my post to correct who the quote actually came from.

It seems to happen whenever someone quotes a post which quoted another post, unless you're careful to edit out the right number of brackets.

Jesus was a Rabii, and therefore was Jewish.

I dont think he ever claimed to be the son of god, did he?

He said we were all gods children.

The person who invented Christianity was a bloke called Saul, or latterly St Paul, who never met Jesus.

He was converted from being a Roman Tax Collectoer, to being a decent man, after being struck by lightening.

So we have three choices in the Abrahamic religions.

Moses, who met God on a mountain top, amid great storms,

Saul, who met him, after being stuck by lightening,

And Mohammed, who met him after traveling on a winged horse to heaven.

These are all either complete nonsense, or open to interpretation, through modern eyes.

Archived