Jesus was Jewish, so God must be Jewish

No it doesn't.

As you seem to be having difficulty with your eyes:

So, are you saying that you are not the user previously known on here as "Grahame" (the user with a strange belief in Robin Hood)? A yes or no will suffice.

grahame:- Retired TV engineer, who worked for a specific TV company in Sheffield with persistent and significantly recognisable views on Christianity.

Agbus:- Self-admitted retired TV engineer, who worked for the same specific TV company in Sheffield with persistent and significantly recognisable views on Christianity....

:nod:s, knowingly

Really? why are scientists trying to understand causes then? we are trying to understand how mater was created, how different particles were created, where it comes from etc etc.

I think the statement "the universe just is" is the negation of human natural curiosity to understand.

When did I say that?

Maybe because some of them still haven't accepted that the universe as always existed, they will one day all agree on that point. They will still want to know what mechanisms that drive the change in the universe.

grahame:- Retired TV engineer, who worked for a specific TV company in Sheffield with persistent and significantly recognisable views on Christianity.

Agbus:- Self-admitted retired TV engineer, who worked for the same specific TV company in Sheffield with persistent and significantly recognisable views on Christianity....

:nod:s, knowingly

Oh I know.

I'm just wanting him to show his honesty (something that is supposedly so important to him) which, by his non-answer, he is doing (showing his dishonesty).

I think it's more complicated than it seems. For example one could ask the question "what does exist?"

There are some things that you can touch like a table and there are some things that you can feel like a cello concerto. Everyone would agree on the size, the shape of the table but the concerto would be perceived differently by different listeners. The concerto follows certain rules, notes, etc but it will move different people in different ways.

Yes there is logic, yes there is rationality but human beings always have and always will have spiritual aspirations. Logic will never satisfy them completely.

ps: The fact that something is perceived differently by different people doesn't mean it's a creation of the mind.

Some human beings.

Yes there is logic, yes there is rationality but human beings always have and always will have spiritual aspirations. Logic will never satisfy them completely.

You do not speak for all of us, I get by just fine without any notion of spirituality, In fact I'm quite sure I'm happier this way.

Archived