Jesus was Jewish, so God must be Jewish

Anyone can worship whatever they want without the interference of other people.

Why is there a need to convert other people to their way of thinking when the majority of people don't know enough of their religeon.

The problem there is that most who are religious are similar and do exactly that trying to make people believe that their religion is real and that they have exclusive access to the one "true" God.

Religions have shown very well that they are intolerant of each other so there lies the main problem.

As an atheist, I find it quite strange that there appears to be a multitude of people having a little knowledge about other peoples religeon. Anyone can worship whatever they want without the interference of other people.

Why is there a need to convert other people to their way of thinking when the majority of people don't know enough of their religeon. As I have said, on numerous occasions, I am an atheist but I don't try to convince people that they should not believe in their religeous belief.

Me neither. I'm an apatheist but It intrigues me to learn WHY people believe in what they believe. I think you should be free to believe in what you want, but it would be wise to know the source of the "facts" on which you base your belief.

By spiritual I mean something immaterial that makes you reflect on your inner self but also on the world around you, a sort of elevation of the mind. It doesn't have a religious connotation at all.

But yes, maybe some people feel exactly the same when they look at a painting or a mathematical equation.

In that case, is it relevant here?

The problem there is that most who are religious are similar and do exactly that trying to make people believe that their religion is real and that they have exclusive access to the one "true" God.

This is what gets me, I'm open to hearing about the connection with their God(s) but when I ask any of them, ever, to explain their connection with God(s) or the reasons they believe, people suddenly turn hostile or say something like "I don't have to explain myself to you".

I've always found this odd, trying to convince me of a God but not wanting to tell me any details, sometimes taking offence if I ask :huh:

As an atheist, I find it quite strange that there appears to be a multitude of people having a little knowledge about other peoples religeon. Anyone can worship whatever they want without the interference of other people.

Why is there a need to convert other people to their way of thinking when the majority of people don't know enough of their religeon.

Yes, you're right. No-one needs to adopt any specific religion nor to convert from one to another.

BUT all are obliged to comply with at least the Seven Noachide Laws, objective and impartial basics benchmarks.

Yes, you're right. No-one needs to adopt any specific religion nor to convert from one to another.

BUT all are obliged to comply with at least the Seven Noachide Laws, objective and impartial basics benchmarks.

But aren't those laws just for the Jewish people and not all of us?

Archived