Jesus was Jewish, so God must be Jewish

Isn't that a bit like saying "Hercules was the son of the god Zeus, therefore he was the son of 'God'?"

If you actually bothered to do any proper investigation into Islam, Grahame, rather than just continuously cut and paste from the anti-islam sites that you like to frequent, you would actually find that the three supposed daughters of 'allah' as mentioned in the half-quoted verse, are disregarded as myth in the latter part of the verse.

"These are nothing but names which ye have devised,- ye and your fathers,- for which Allah has sent down no authority (whatever). They follow nothing but conjecture and what their own souls desire!- Even though there has already come to them Guidance from their Lord! "

anyway, as it says in the Quran, "to you, your way, and to me, mine!"

I should stop digging if I were you.

It is impossible for intelligent, thinking people to understand those who believe in an interested God.

The poor uneducated people are the victims.

They are seduced by preachers who talk nonsense to them, and they fall for it.

The people who are in the poorest areas always fall for it.

It is always jam tomorrow.

That is why they always locate in the poorest areas of any town.

Moa tse tung, when asked why he always got simple peasants to reeducate people., replied, 'On a blank sheet of paper I can write anything'.

Mohammed had the same idea.

-you think there is something that created the universe (us included) but it "doesn't know if we exist at all". Do you think this "thing" suffers from amnesia?

A more reasonable assumption would be that he thinks something caused the Universe to begin, and then just left it to get on with itself.

Logically speaking, though, there is no sense in invoking a creator of the Universe to begin with. It doubles the size of the problem without offering a solution.

Let me see if I got it right:

-there is a God but he has said nothing to us about his existence. My question is: How exactly do you know that there is a God?

-you think there is something that created the universe (us included) but it "doesn't know if we exist at all". Do you think this "thing" suffers from amnesia?

-you said "Why would god waste his time on a bunch of joined up bacteria". Do you think the notion of time applies to God?

If there is a god he sure would have raised a hand by now...

Archived