Clarkson's latest 'joke'

It's Clarkson FFS, does anyone really take what he says all that serious. He says things like he does because he knows people react to it.

I remember all the fuss when he said truck drivers murder prostitutes.

It's all getting a little silly now.

Jeremy Clarkson could face a police investigation after he said that those striking should be shot.

Speaking on the BBC's One Show he said that government workers refusing to work should be killed in front of their families.

Today Unison general secretary Dave Prentis said they were seeking 'urgent legal advice' about whether his comments had been referred to police.

A spokesman for Scotland Yard said they had not yet received a complaint.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2068291/Jeremy-Clarksons-One-Show-rant-public-sector-strikers-forces-BBC-air-apology.html

Edited by speedbirdone

Did any of you see the interview?

At first he said he backed them then said we have to be balanced on the bbc so maybe they should be shot instead.

He didn't say he backed them. He said he thought the strike was fantastic because....and I quote "It’s been fantastic. Seriously, never had … London today has just been empty. Everybody stayed at home, you could whizz about, your restaurants were empty".

Not really backing them is it?

As for Unison complaining to the police, get a grip. He's just a loudmouthed nob who is trying to make headlines and get publicity to sell his new book/dvd or whatever, and Unison are playing into his hands.

As I suppose so am I by contributing to this thread

Well I've just read all the posts, and only now watched the video.

If I'm honest ... I laughed ... just like the people in the studio.

When he says "we have to balance it though, don’t we, because this is the BBC", this is the crucial bit of the joke. He states one ridiculous opinion then mocking the BBCs overdeveloped anxiety about presenting both sides of an argument he presents an opposing ridiculous opinion. This is typical Clarkson, and in this instance quite funny.

The "offence" is totally manufactured, and a very dangerous PR game being played by an organisation that has already polarised public opinion, feigning "offence" at a personality who also polarises public opinion in an attempt to murky the waters. I suspect the strategy will fail big time.

If clarkson had made those comments on here, he would be righly banned.

The man is a fool, and always has been.

He is a disgrace to Rotherham, and paddington bear toys.

The only funny part is when he says is a hard worker.

When do TV show presenters ever do any work?