Clarkson's latest 'joke'

People these days appear to be getting a tad sensitive, soon we will all be banned from speaking so as not offend the sensitive members of out society.

No one is suggesting that he is banned from saying it.

You appear to be the one suggesting that no one should have the right to reply.

There's nothing more pathetic than an aging controversialist and it looks like a few goat eating duffers who live under bridges are in the mood for it today.

:hihi::hihi::hihi: Have a lovely day in 'miserableworld' ... it can only get worse, much to your satisfaction. I'm gonna be having a great day personally and already have a big smile on my face for things to come! :rolleyes:

The thing is, if we all are expected to cater for the most weak minded lily livered tree huggers, what would this world become? :huh:

So you defend Clarksons right to make outrageous, unfunny jokes - but not the right to respond to them?

Clarkson had his say, on live TV, watched by millions. He was not stopped from making his stupid joke.

I love Clarkson and his commentary. I find the fact that people complain about this kind of thing to be one of the reasons why the vocal minority has such power these days; no one dare say anything about any even remotely controversial topic (even as an outrageous joke) without people making outraged threads about it.

Who cares what someone else says? It's just their opinion and they are entitled to it. It's really not worth getting upset over.

You appear to be reading something into my post that isn't there.

You said 'soon we will all be banned from speaking so as not offend the sensitive'

That is nonsense.

People should be allowed to make controversial statements, but they should expect others to respond to them if they disagree.

I love Clarkson and his commentary. I find the fact that people complain about this kind of thing to be one of the reasons why the vocal minority has such power these days; no one dare say anything about any even remotely controversial topic (even as an outrageous joke) without people making outraged threads about it.

Who cares what someone else says? It's just their opinion and they are entitled to it. It's really not worth getting upset over.

Yes - you never hear any controversial opinions do you? Certain not on live prime time TV, watched by millions!! Oh wait.....

The whole point is that we should let him make his moronic comments, so long as we are able to criticise them when he does.

I supported the strike. But its just a joke and I support the right of anyone to joke about anything. Get over it..

Fair enough, so do I.

Unlike you I also support the right of people to express an alternative opinion.

How about this "Clarkson should be killed."

You have no right to disagree with this - that's how it works isn't it?

You said 'soon we will all be banned from speaking so as not offend the sensitive'

That is nonsense.

People should be allowed to make controversial statements, but they should expect others to respond to them if they disagree.

Tongue-in-cheek is a phrase used as a figure of speech to imply that a statement is humorously intended and it should not be taken at face value