Clarkson's latest 'joke'

I see, so you're saying it's ok to have a go at Civil Servants? Perhaps you think it's a good idea to have a go a black people too, how about the severly disabled or unemployed?

Yes it is. There shouldn't be anyone safe from ridicule. You don't have to watch them.

The Clarkson affair is ridiculous, he just didn't say, in the context that's being reported, what's been attributed to him. He supported the strike firstly, then in the interest of balance, had a go at the public sector. The BBC should be most offended because he was having a go at them...

Yes it is. There shouldn't be anyone safe from ridicule. You don't have to watch them.

The Clarkson affair is ridiculous, he just didn't say, in the context that's being reported, what's been attributed to him. He supported the strike firstly, then in the interest of balance, had a go at the public sector. The BBC should be most offended because he was having a go at them...

Even if he meant it I still don't know why people would be offended. What possible difference can it make to their lives if Clarkson thinks they should be shot?

Even if he meant it I still don't know why people would be offended. What possible difference can it make to their lives if Clarkson thinks they should be shot?

There was an idiot. from a Union, on the tv yesterday and he was asked if he thought Clarkson meant it....He waffled on and said he didn't know if he meant it or not. Eh? what a pillock...:hihi:

There was an idiot. from a Union, on the tv yesterday and he was asked if he thought Clarkson meant it....He waffled on and said he didn't know if he meant it or not. Eh? what a pillock...:hihi:

There was another idiot on today and by the time the presenters had done with him, he had basically admitted that it was only offensive because Clarkson is a millionaire and Cameron’s friend. :D

Even if he meant it I still don't know why people would be offended.

They would be offended because all opinion is subjective, and sometimes people are offended. You can agree with that statement?

That doesn't mean Clarkson isn't entitled to his opinion, if it is really his opinion and not a joke, and it doesn't mean that people must accept it without response. The only "idiotic" act here would be any attempt to silence people.

Have people actually listened to what was said, or read the transcript that I posted earlier?

--------------------

Matt Baker: Well, on that note of balancing an opinion, of course those are Jeremy's views.

Alex Jones: Only Jeremy's views.

Jeremy Clarkson: They're not. I've just given two views for you.

--------------------

Get it? Two equally ridiculous views. Neither of them belonging to the person Jeremy Clarkson, but either of which could be held by the fictional character Jeremy Clarkson ... you know, the one that sets fire to caravans and 'improves' cars with a hammer. They're not the same you know.

:roll:

Edited by quisquose
Removed quote, directed at wrong person in error, sorry.

There was another idiot on today and by the time the presenters had done with him, he had basically admitted that it was only offensive because Clarkson is a millionaire and Cameron’s friend. :D
you forgot to mention that people have been killed for even joining a union and that he would have took clarkson to meet these people who are doing something (and killed) we take for granted:huh:

They would be offended because all opinion is subjective, and sometimes people are offended. You can agree with that statement?

That doesn't mean Clarkson isn't entitled to his opinion, if it is really his opinion and not a joke, and it doesn't mean that people must accept it without response. The only "idiotic" act here would be any attempt to silence people.

I accept that some people take offence at various things, I just don't understand why or what being offended feels like.

you forgot to mention that people have been killed for even joining a union and that he would have took clarkson to meet these people who are doing something (and killed) we take for granted:huh:

I didn't forget I just didn't think it was relevant because union members have also killed non union members.