Clarkson's latest 'joke'

I havent read everyones comments on here but i think that what Clarkson said was probably a typical Clarkson comment and said in humour like he does for a lot of things and i think that maybe shows like The One Show aren't the place for him to be - as its live and he is likely to say something that could cause problems.

It may be a bit of a harsh comment to make but how many people on here have had and forwarded text messages about someone who has died (Michael Jackson, Princess Di to name but 2 - i know there were plenty of jokes about both of them). Death is a sensitive subject but yet people still joke about it . . . so surely Clarksons comment is something similar - - making light of a situation (jmo)

Speaking as someone who took part in the action on Wednesday, I don't think we should play the poor oppressed victim card here because it was quite clearly a joke. Not a very funny one, but he was obviously not being serious and didn't incite anything, being mildly offensive to everyone and everything is all part of Clarkson's act.

what this illustrates best is the lack of sense of humour on the right. people are only calling for him to be sacked, not shot - lol

where is the sense of perspective?

Oh please. As if everyone who thinks the knee jerk reaction is absurd is a right winger. It seems whenever someone has an opposing viewpoint to you they are on "the right".

Like Revels? If Wildcat doesn't then you are a right wing fascist for liking Revels.

Although I guess from Wildcat is sitting Gorin is a rabid right winger.