Clarkson's latest 'joke'

What hypocrisy is that then? :huh:

errm I spelt it out before....

Double standard...

It is ok and hilarious to joke:

"I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families." of a million or more people protesting..

but so dreadfully unfunny and inappropriate to respond "sack Clarkson"

And the Clarkson fans complaining about a sense of proportion and people's lack of sense of humour..... :hihi:

Edited by Wildcat

Aaah, I get it now <slaps head smiley>

So, basically, your argument is that the general secretary of Unison lied.

Actually, that is as believeable as spending member's fees on a useless Counsel's opinion.

So we can call it a draw :thumbsup:

I would call you gullible... and say nothing about a draw... but imagine what you want if it makes you happy. :thumbsup:

errm I spelt it out before....

Double standard...

It is ok to joke:

"I'd have them all shot. I would take them outside and execute them in front of their families." of a million or more people protesting..

but so dreadfully unfunny and inappropriate to respond "sack Clarkson"

And the Clarkson fans complaining about a sense of proportion and people's lack of sense of humour..... :hihi:

Is it because the latter isn't a joke? How can it be funny if it's not even a joke?

BTW I laughed like hell at the Stuart Lee stuff, funny even for a left wing whinge bag.

Is it because the latter isn't a joke? How can it be funny if it's not even a joke?

BTW I laughed like hell at the Stuart Lee stuff, funny even for a left wing whinge bag.

Why isn't the latter a joke? was it too subtle and not outrageous enough for you?

It has certainly generated enough comments of outrage on this thread. :hihi:

Funny aint it, people are getting the champagne out and jumping up and down in celebration at the thought of Mrs T popping her clogs but Clarkson says a tounge in cheek comment and theres outrage.

Well for context lets do a proper comparison.

Imagine a popular light entertainer on the BBC's One Show doing a joke about BBC bias.. by saying something like... "well the Tories are good for the rich, but because this is the BBC for balance I think Thatcher and all her supporters should be shot in front of their families..."

Haha haha... structurally exactly the same anti-BBC joke Clarkson told, just using different characters...

So what do you think the response would be?

Edited by Wildcat

19 pages...tee hee.

Lets just admit that the joke was on the BBC, its been blown out of all proportion and anyone who's taken offence has to be an idiot..:)

I am sorry Frank but I am struggling to piece together your logic here.

Why would it only be idiots that take offence at language used that was obviously intended to offend?

I admit on a scale of 1 to 10 my level of offence is somewhere around the indifferent level, but in contrast to what you appear to be saying, I would think you would have to be pretty stupid not to realise he chose to use offensive language, for the purpose of causing offence.

Edited by Wildcat

Well for context lets do a proper comparison.

Imagine a popular light entertainer on the BBC's One Show doing a joke about BBC bias.. by saying something like... "well the Tories are good for the rich, but because this is the BBC for balance I think Thatcher and all her supporters should be shot in front of their families..."

Haha haha... structurally exactly the same anti-BBC joke Clarkson told, just using different characters...

So what do you think the response would be?

You're getting the hang of it now. Keep it up and one day you might be as good if not equally whinesome as Stuart Lee. :lol: