Clarkson's latest 'joke'

I am sorry Frank but I am struggling to piece together your logic here.

Why would it only be idiots that take offence at language used that was obviously intended to offend?

I admit on a scale of 1 to 10 my level of offence is somewhere around the indifferent level, but in contrast to what you appear to be saying, I would think you would have to be pretty stupid not to realise he chose to use offensive language, for the purpose of causing offence.

Because it was not aimed at the strikers, it was aimed at the BBC. Anyone can see that?

Because it was not aimed at the strikers, it was aimed at the BBC. Anyone can see that?

The same structural joke....

"well the Tories are good for the rich, but because this is the BBC for balance I think Thatcher and all her supporters should be shot in front of their families..."

whilst that is a joke aimed at the BBC, are you seriously saying it is not also and primarily targeted at Tories?

:huh:

maybe you can point out to me where the offensive\violent language is used against the BBC? because maybe I am being stupid.... because I just don't see it. Is 'balance' some sort of term of abuse I am unaware of?

Edited by Wildcat

I see, so you're saying it's ok to have a go at Civil Servants? Perhaps you think it's a good idea to have a go a black people too, how about the severly disabled or unemployed?

Aww go and get a life and a sense of humour.

If my jokes offend you, its YOUR problem, not mine. PC is ruining society, its gone past decency and showing respect. Its a load of miserable gits trying to be clever.......:loopy:

The same structural joke....

"well the Tories are good for the rich, but because this is the BBC for balance I think Thatcher and all her supporters should be shot in front of their families..."

whilst that is a joke aimed at the BBC, are you seriously saying it is not also and primarily targeted at Tories?

:huh:

You know what he mean't and who cares, it was a joke...

I bid you good night!

:D

Ohh I have a long way to go before I get anywhere near as whinesome as the right whingers on here.

You not doing bad you have over 14,000 whinging posts to your name already. The left wing bigotry on here makes for some of the most hypocritical garbage on the internet. I'm no fan of Mr Clarkson or his humour, but to go so far as Unison has to pamper to some of it's whinging members and trying to get the guy sacked .......well it's quite pathetic, give him some stick back by all means but keep things in perspective, shhhhhhhh ... half the country is walking around with some very crude and offensive jokes on their mobile phones, some of them are union members too :thumbsup:

You not doing bad you have over 14,000 whinging posts to your name already. The left wing bigotry on here makes for some of the most hypocritical garbage on the internet. I'm no fan of Mr Clarkson or his humour, but to go so far as Unison has to pamper to some of it's whinging members and trying to get the guy sacked .......well it's quite pathetic, give him some stick back by all means but keep things in perspective, shhhhhhhh ... half the country is walking around with some very crude and offensive jokes on their mobile phones, some of them are union members too :thumbsup:

i am sure there are... but why are you so offended that people might find it funny to petition the BBC for Clarkson to be sacked after he has called for them to be shot?

Do you not see the delicious irony in your sense of offence at a relatively and proportionately restrained response to the buffoon?

Unison could have petitioned for him to be shot... but this is far funnier, especially because of the number of people missing the obvious point and going off on their high horses about a sense of proportion.... :hihi:

Edited by Wildcat

I just watched it one the BBC news.

Amazing!! What these whingers arent telling you is it was a deliberate comment done for balance. A dig at the BBC if you will.

His previous commentswere about how great he thought the strike was as it made the roads clear.

Then he made his comments, he didnt mean them. It was a BBC thing.

Now stop your whinging you saddos and stop trying to get the bloke sacked.

Hes a legend!!

i am sure there are... but why are you so offended that people might find it funny to petition the BBC for Clarkson to be sacked after he has called for them to be shot?

Do you not see the delicious irony in your sense of offence at a relatively and proportionately restrained response to the buffoon?

They could have a petition signed by a million idiots. The BBC still wont sack him.

For every £ he cost in wages he gives them back 10 times over in what his name, face and style do for the BBC's sales.

Hes a legend the world over. People love him and that means £££££'s for the bbc.

So stop whinging. Accept hes staying and be happy,

I'm not offended I'm just amazed that they can't see it for what it is, call the man a few names or whatever and forget about it !