Clarkson's latest 'joke'

No you are not missing the point, and you know exactly what is offensive.

It seems the world is split between Clarkson lovers, and normal people.

I always find the Clarkson lovers to be bosses toadies, who laugh loudly at the main mans 'jokes'.

It is sad, but one way to progress I suppose.

I get the point entirely. I dont get what is offensive. This was not a 'sick joke about dead cockle pickers'. Nowhere in his print does he mention the death of cockle pickers, nor dead chinese immigrants, nor dead workers, nor the word DEAD at all. That is an assumption in the mind of the readers. He was just stating a true observation about chinese workers.

So I ask again, what exactly is offensive???

I am no Clarkson lover. I just get p'd off about every whinging little complainant who goes crying to the press everytime they hear or read something THEY dont personally like.

Unfortunately that's the price you pay for free speach. Get over it.

So strikers should be "executed in front of their families?"

Only after paying a £50.00 fine. :rolleyes:

I bought my current car after hearing Clarkson's damning review of it, it is nothing like his view, infact it's the best car I have ever driven. Anyway, he's a Kilner (of Kilner Jar fame), Thurnscoe is full of them, not one of them amounts to above eleven pence ha'penny on the grey matter stakes. :hihi:

Witch hunt - The press have got it in for Clarkson, it wouldn't matter what he said at the moment. I think its just his sense of humour!

Sorry Sean, although this forum does not claim to promote freedom of speech, the laws of the land does, within certain criteria, if he persists on being that controversial then he will reap what he sows.

I get the point entirely. I dont get what is offensive. This was not a 'sick joke about dead cockle pickers'. Nowhere in his print does he mention the death of cockle pickers, nor dead chinese immigrants, nor dead workers, nor the word DEAD at all. That is an assumption in the mind of the readers. He was just stating a true observation about chinese workers.

So I ask again, what exactly is offensive???

I am no Clarkson lover. I just get p'd off about every whinging little complainant who goes crying to the press everytime they hear or read something THEY dont personally like.

Unfortunately that's the price you pay for free speach. Get over it.

So I wonder what he meant then?

"In a column for a tabloid newspaper, Clarkson mocked the sport of synchronised swimming as "Chinese women in hats, upside down, in a bit of water", adding: "You can see that sort of thing on Morecambe Beach. For free.""

Why did he feel fit to mention Morecambe beach then instead of anywhere else?

Bold. No because you never whinge when you read something you don't like, do you?

• 11 years later...