How to remove a red wine stain?

I did a silly thing a few days ago. I was taking bottles of red wine out of a case when I dropped one. It landed back in the case and took the neck off one of the other bottles. The result was that most of the contents ran onto the floor.

I mopped up pretty quickly and even gave the floorboards a go over with the VAX. Apart from a bit of a winey smell I thought that I had done pretty well.

Unfortunately the following day I noticed a large brown patch between the beams on the drawing room ceiling as well as on the adjacent wall.

Nothing seemed to want to shift the stain so I gave it a quick coat of emulsion. It looked great until this morning when the stain started to reappear.:mad:

HELP. My husband returns home Saturday morning.

Foxy Lady I think your best bet is when your husband murders you get him to do it where you spilled the wine. That way the blood won't mark up any more of the ceiling.

But seriously, if this is stained plaster the stain isn't gonna come out and you can emulsion over it all you like and the stain is likely to show. What you need is Unibond or similar PVA sealant. Put a bit of PVAin a bowl of water. Paint over the stain. Give it a couple of hours to dry and seal the plaster then paint over with the emulsion paint.

I did a silly thing a few days ago. I was taking bottles of red wine out of a case when I dropped one. It landed back in the case and took the neck off one of the other bottles. The result was that most of the contents ran onto the floor.

I mopped up pretty quickly and even gave the floorboards a go over with the VAX. Apart from a bit of a winey smell I thought that I had done pretty well.

Unfortunately the following day I noticed a large brown patch between the beams on the drawing room ceiling as well as on the adjacent wall.

Nothing seemed to want to shift the stain so I gave it a quick coat of emulsion. It looked great until this morning when the stain started to reappear.:mad:

HELP. My husband returns home Saturday morning.

For Christs' sake look the sexiest you have ever been.

Archived