How to remove a red wine stain?

The ceiling and mouldings are around 250 years old so painting them red might not be an option.

Was something on TV last night saying they used to paint coving/celings all sorts of garish colours back in the day.

Only recently has magnolia become the only acceptable colour for mouldings.

Get a can of stain block, it's a white spray used for covering mould or water marks so they don't come thru when painting.

Last time I got some was from Richardsons DIY store in Firth Park.

Get a can of stain block, it's a white spray used for covering mould or water marks so they don't come thru when painting.

Last time I got some was from Richardsons DIY store in Firth Park.

I went to the DIY store and they suggested something similar, but the lad told me it is only the same stuff as a regular PVA sealer. Anyhow. I gave it a go and so far all seems pretty good. The paint obviously looks a bit newer than the surrounding areas but after we've had a few log fires over the winter I'm sure it will blend in OK. Either that or invite a pipe smoker round to enjoy a good rough shag on the sofa below the new patch.

Archived