Left Out from Decisons

I bet you weren't saying that a few years back when France and Germany ganged up to revoke the UK's European funds rebate.

this has nothing to do with the subject of this thread. you're grasping at straws to pick a fight for god knows why.

The Eurozone was never going to work. Even I could tell that, and I'm definitely no ecomimist guru. It seems to me that it's just logic that with so many different countries, all with their own economic agenda and it has to be said 'failing's in terms of controlling their spending. Some rich, some poor. It was and still is, destined to fail.

Thank god we didn't get 'suckered' into joining the euro!

Things going well? Let's have closer integration.

Things not going well? Let's have closer integration.

This is the religion of the EU.

Closer integration, for the UK, is nothing to be scared of, remember Britain is one of the big boys so to speak, bigger than France; people talk about the "German-Franco alliance", but It'd be a German-Anglo-Franco alliance at the top table of the EU, with the pecking order(if there was to be one) being in that order too. Im suprised France want the UK tyo further integrate, as it would relegate them to third place.

The Eurozone was never going to work. Even I could tell that, and I'm definitely no ecomimist guru. It seems to me that it's just logic that with so many different countries, all with their own economic agenda and it has to be said 'failing's in terms of controlling their spending. Some rich, some poor. It was and still is, destined to fail.

Thank god we didn't get 'suckered' into joining the euro!

Exactly, so european countries need to stop having their own individual economic agenda's and try to work together as one.

If we get it right, europe really could be the major power of the world; it already is, on balance, the best place to live in the world in terms of freedom, safety and standard of living. The UK, Germany, France and Italy etc etc, on their own will soon be blips on the radar as far as the US, China, India and even Brazil are concerned.

Exactly, so european countries need to stop having their own individual economic agenda's and try to work together as one.

If we get it right, europe really could be the major power of the world; it already is, on balance, the best place to live in the world in terms of freedom, safety and standard of living. The UK, Germany, France and Italy etc etc, on their own are blips on the global map.

We might as well just all give up and say ok germany. You run things. It's never going to work!!!!...Look at the USA, their politicians can't agree on anything, and god love us, neither can we in the UK. Closer integration cannot and will not ever succeed. Half of the eastern european countries and some of the 'poorer' ones (I believe) only joined to prop up their ailing economies. We're not all the same and never will be!

Archived