Katla, Iceland about to Erupt

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-15995845

If this goes off, it will be big time, apparantly.

it is a massive volcano, and always follows that one with the unpronouncable name, that caused all the disruption.

It has caused massive crop and pastoral failures in past centuries.

This is all we need, on top of the failure of capitalism.

if Katla goes off, there could also be flank failure, and if that reaches the sea it creates the possibility of a tsunami down the Irish channel. I wonder how much planning went into all the Nuclear Reactors down that coast for a tsunami.

if Katla goes off, there could also be flank failure, and if that reaches the sea has creates the possibility of a tsunami down the Irish channel.

If teneriffe goes off, isnt that meant to be even worse?

The entire side of the island falls into the sea, cusing wide spread devastation.

I shall book an early holiday, and with any luck be stuck in the Canaries all Summer.

I shall be a beach bum.

What a shame.

Come on Katla!!:D

Wouldn't it be incredibly unlucky if you managed to get to the Canaries and the volcano they are monitoring erupted and wiped the Canaries out? :D

New island forms off the Canaries as underwater volcano erupts

Read more: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/weird-world/2011/11/11/new-island-forms-off-the-canaries-as-underwater-volcano-erupts-115875-23552970/#ixzz1fOYlEVNb

The amount of ash Katla is likely to throw out - if it does indeed erupt - would make Eyjafjannajokull look like a small family barbecue.

I hope nobody was planning to fly anywhere for the next twelve months...

Good old cut and paste :hihi:

Archived