Katla, Iceland about to Erupt

No problem, I aim to please, it would be a fantastic thing to see though and much better than just withering away with a long painful death. :)

I dont think we would see it from England though would we?

We would just have the long slow death.

We would just have the long slow death.

I was talking about you being lucky enough to in the Canaries when it happens, I would come out and witness it with you but I haven’t started to wither away just yet. :D

We would not; a plume of smoke in Iceland would have to be something like a hundred miles high to be visible over the horizon.

I imagine what he meant is that it would be an amazing sight if you happened to be in Iceland when it blew. I would agree, but on the whole I think I'd prefer to observe an exploding volcano from several thousand miles away. :hihi:

I was talking about you being lucky enough to in the Canaries when it happens, I would come out and witness it with you but I haven’t started to wither away just yet. :D

If it comes to it, I wiill put you on the list for my retirment do.

That is where is to be.

We would not; a plume of smoke in Iceland would have to be something like a hundred miles high to be visible over the horizon.

I imagine what he meant is that it would be an amazing sight if you happened to be in Iceland when it blew. I would agree, but on the whole I think I'd prefer to observe an exploding volcano from several thousand miles away. :hihi:

If Katla went off, how high would be the plume ?

If Katla went off, how high would be the plume ?

I do not know, but I'm quite happy to stake my reputation (however small it might be!) on a plume of smoke not reaching anything like a hundred miles.

Ash particles might be ejected to such a great height, but they tend to be in smaller quantities and not easily visible (which is why they cause a problem to air traffic which might fly into them unknowingly).

I do not know, but I'm quite happy to stake my reputation (however small it might be!) on a plume of smoke not reaching anything like a hundred miles.

Ash particles might be ejected to such a great height, but they tend to be in smaller quantities and not easily visible (which is why they cause a problem to air traffic which might fly into them unknowingly).

A hundred miles, that is terrifying.

We cannot cope with that.

It will be end of us for sure

an eruption in Africa this year created a 500 mile plume

Archived