Parking at Dronfield Civic Centre - ticket?

just outside Sheffield but I am sure someone will know the answer

We have been at Dronfield Civic Centre car park today where we had visited the Sport Centre and a local Coffee Shop. On leaving I noticed that there is a time limit of 90 minutes (we were there about 2 hours)

So now I am wondering, will I be getting a parking ticket in the post? There was no ticket on the car but the Council website talks about £50 fines for over stayed parking, which seems a bit steep . . .

anyone put my mind at rest?

If anything does come by post, just ignore it! There is loads of information on SF about this subject. No doubt it will be our old friends Excel Parking. If you were getting a ticket from the police or council it would be attached to your vehicle, anything else is not a fine but an invoice ... just forget about it

thanks sedith

As I understand it the Derbyshire Council car parks dont use Excel (or similar) but I was also fairly sure if there was no ticket on the car they wouldnt be posting me one out - £50 at Christmas we could do without

Slightly staggered you only get 90 minutes though. If you go to the Gym and do some shopping it can be 2 hours easily - or maybe they just let people get away with it?

If you park in the central car park it is 90 mins. And you do get a fine if you are caught. If you park in the overflow car parks either behind the shops, turn left before you enter the central car park, or in the car park where the market usually is held (at the side of the Co-op, there is no time limit. So, there is no fine either. The main car park is for people to "pop" into the shops and do some quick shopping.

Archived